Female Gamers?

I've been a gamer off and on for years, but I didn't really get into it until after I met OH in 2008. I started playing WoW in May of 08, and now have 3 accounts. I also play all other Blizz games. I also enjoy Lotro, at times GW2, and if I just want to be mellow I have a few games from Steam that I play. With some friends who stream on Twitch I play 7 days 2 die, or other games similar to that. I play some console games, but OH is usually on the consoles more than I am.

Since becoming pregnant though I haven't played as much. I'm due in the next week or so, and with WoD coming out, I've been trying to get back into WoW. I've just been exhausted.

DS1 is a gamer too. Doesn't help that he's getting it from both sides. His father is a console gamer, and OH and I are mostly PC gamers. So this little guy I'm having soon will be a gamer too. No doubt about it.

We're both huge gamers! In fact we met in Everquest in 2001. My first video game was.... Pong. In the 70s. When you had to stick a white tape to your tv to split it in two zones. Try to beat that ;)

We're also big role players and cool geeks all round heh. Name an RPG, tabletop or live,chances are I've played it :)

Favorites over the years: ultima series, old final fantasy, planescape torment, vampire bloodlines, fallout, everquest, lotro, swg, dragon age, and of course the elder scrolls and amazing portal games.

Wow pssh. I looove MMOs, have played tons of em but I always disliked wow. Too cartoony and goofy for me.

My favourites are the secret world and elder scrolls online . both awesome MMOs.

The secret world is a brilliant mmo that is a gem to discover. Modern setting, intertwined with 'real life' to the point that major characters have twitter accounts and YouTube channels. Main factions have websites. Quests where you have to actually *gasp* think! Colorful characters and amazing storytelling. Very well done. :)

Of course with a baby my play time is oh about an hour a week...

I thought The Secret World was amazing, except once you get to the end. I wish the game developers would actually support the game more instead of just letting it rot. I also wish they would add more weapons. The ones they have now are kinda boring for me.

I like all the FF series, not just the older ones.

Oh my goodness vermeil DH and I met in Everquest 2 in 2009! I'm not kidding! :haha:

I can't beat pong though! My mother's friend had games like Frogger that I played when I was at her home.

I started out playing Super Mario and then with my first Super Nintendo Mario games and Donkey Kong Country were big hits, and then years later I got into FF7 and FF10, then went to the Halo series, toyed with Guild Wars, then onto Everquest 2 for 5 years (raided with a WW #1 guild even - that game owned me!), and now I'm occasionally dabbling in WoW. Played Minecraft for a bit and beta tested Landmark for a while. Landmark totally lost me though! I actually had a Twitch channel for a short while where I streamed Everquest and Minecraft. :)

I did D&D 4.0 and 3.5 up until this past summer when all of our schedules completely fell apart. My friend has done a couple original RPGs I've played as well which are fun.

Haven't been in the mood to play much lately, but I'd better enjoy my free time for gaming while I still can!

Everquest 2 was an amazing game. Too bad Sony was too cheap to advertise. Otherwise tbh I think it would have beat WoW in subscriptions. I played EQ2 for 3 years. Was probably some of the best gaming experience I have had. I loved the fae race. Very unique.

Totally agreed on EQ2's advertising! There was a huge difference in population and content even between when I first started playing and when I quit. I had a halfling I kept in a fae illusion that was over-the-top sparkly and adorable. :) I'm still waiting for WoW to pick up on house decorating because that was pretty fun, too!

Wow Lavenderlove another EQ couple! :lol: never met another one before. we seem we have similar gamer backgrounds too.

I loved EQ2 also! Played it for years with DH as an iksar and ratonga. Also played a bald ogress who was convinced she was an erudite. Guess I like the ugly races :lol:

Feel the same about Sony and vanguard. Great mmo that they bought then just neglected, with no publicity, so it just died a slow death.

Kiwiberry glad to meet another secret world fan. I haven't gotten very far yet, loving it so far. Picked up the game on steam for 5$ so with no monthly fees its hard to beat ;)

Hehe I had a few Iksar myself! I always thought they were cool. I had an odd mix of mostly Iksar and Elves. :lol:

I now have a hankering to find a Super Nintendo emulator after getting my hair cut by a huge gamer geek! We talked everything from MMOs, to tabletop RPGs, to Magic the Gathering. That was pretty awesome. Makes me wonder if my family still has the one my sister and I played with. I'd pass it on to my own little one for sure!

We have a Wii, and it's great for getting and playing all the old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games on! Can't wait until my daughter is old enough so I can play Super Mario World with her. :)

Hehe I had a few Iksar myself! I always thought they were cool. I had an odd mix of mostly Iksar and Elves. :lol:

I now have a hankering to find a Super Nintendo emulator after getting my hair cut by a huge gamer geek! We talked everything from MMOs, to tabletop RPGs, to Magic the Gathering. That was pretty awesome. Makes me wonder if my family still has the one my sister and I played with. I'd pass it on to my own little one for sure!

I'm a gamer. I mainly play WoW and SWTOR which I'm about to start projects on both of those. I am also playing tales of symphonia right now on the ps3.

My cousin is actually Grian from wynncraft, so I might play around on that in the near future, but not a big fan of minecraft.

I'm a gamer. I mainly play WoW and SWTOR which I'm about to start projects on both of those. I am also playing tales of symphonia right now on the ps3.

Has SWTOR gotten any better? I played it when it first came out and got my Consular to 50... and was one of those people intensely disappointed with the overall game. Now that it has had some time to develop more, I've been thinking about giving it another shot since I'm such a Star Wars fangirl. :haha:

Not really sure. I can tell you in a few weeks as my projects will be well under way by then. I've always really enjoyed SWTOR every time I've played, but I can get into most games, so its not much of a surprise.

Definitely, if you don't mind! I would love to hear how the gameplay is now, and if the storyline is still as interesting. :)

Hi ladies! Glad to see there are other fellow female gamers around :) I started playing when I was 6. I had an atari 800xl. I sporadically play Diablo 3 (I find it very repetitive compared to Diablo 2) and Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty (I have Black Ops 2 and Ghosts now) and other games on 360. I haven't upgraded because we don't play much anymore (my
DH and I play together) but I would consider it if something like Left 4 Dead 3 comes up. I did love The Last of Us on PS4. What's your favorite game these days?

Yay gamer girls! I have played WoW since vanilla. I also sporadically play a slew of other f2p mmos such as GW2, SWTOR, Rift and most recently, ESO. I also love the dragon age series for xbox, and casual games like the sims and animal crossing.

I love the sims! I just wish the sims 4 would come out with more content. Right now the game is kind of bare and boring.
CountryBride, have you tried FFXIV? Its so amazing with the remake. The expansion adds flying!

I know its hard to leave WoW since you have been playing it for so long but if you ever decide to play FFXIV send me a pm. I can do the recruit a friend thing and you can start out on a trial to test the game out.

Yea, I'm one of those people who is still pretty upset about the lack of toddlers in sims 4. They were definitely the cutest thing in the game. I don't really enjoy having kids anymore now they go straight from infant to child, I don't feel like I "bond" with them. Now I sound crazy lol. Anyway! I also LOVED the daycare profession from sims 3. I was baby crazy long before I got knocked up haha.

I tried some final fantasies on consoles but I hate turn based battles. I felt like I wasted so much time. I just want to explore, learn lore, progress the story, don't make me sit here and fight one battle for 10 minutes. But if there's a free trial on the computer I'll try it. Then it'll depend on what the price is after. Right now I pay for my wow time with gold, so it's essentially free. :)

Yea, I'm one of those people who is still pretty upset about the lack of toddlers in sims 4. They were definitely the cutest thing in the game. I don't really enjoy having kids anymore now they go straight from infant to child, I don't feel like I "bond" with them. Now I sound crazy lol. Anyway! I also LOVED the daycare profession from sims 3. I was baby crazy long before I got knocked up haha.

I tried some final fantasies on consoles but I hate turn based battles. I felt like I wasted so much time. I just want to explore, learn lore, progress the story, don't make me sit here and fight one battle for 10 minutes. But if there's a free trial on the computer I'll try it. Then it'll depend on what the price is after. Right now I pay for my wow time with gold, so it's essentially free. :)

Could you pm me your email address? I will send you a "recruit a friend" email so you can get started on the free trial and if you decide to play we would get cool items with it.

Like most gamer mommies I will be on after my peanut is in bed. Which is around 8pm EST. If you decide to play, thats when I will be available to help you out! We can just talk to each other through email since it goes straight to my phone that way. I can also check back in this thread if I remember lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->