Femara Follies

nlk

Pregnant! #1
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind me posting in here, I just feel like I will get more help in here than I will if I post in the ttc section :flower:

I am currently taking femara (letrozole) 5mg on CD3-7 to help me ovulate, which I don't do by myself because of PCOS. I have tried clomid, which I am resistant to :cry: I went in for my internal u/s today to see whether the drug had done anything, and they found that I had three large follies! However, they were all a very similar size, 22mm I think, and my FS said that he would not be giving me the trigger (as he had stated he would to ensure that I released it) and that he was recommending that I don't BD this month, because he was concerned that I was likely to end up with triplets :wacko:

My question is....is it right that he is giving me the impression that my ovaries are now hyperstimulated? I thought having three follies would be a good thing, but being told that the risk is too high, and that I should just sit out this cycle is playing on my mind.

Any advice would be so much appreciated. I don't want to feel as though I have wasted a month when I didn't need to. Thanks :flower:

if im not wrong I think femara comes in 2.5, ask if you are able to take the drug during 5-9 Ive read the later in the cycle the less it works. They will prob just try next month, maybe then you might only have 2 large ones :)

hey keep your head up!!! having to many follis cant be that bad ;) gl gilr please keep us updated on this thread id love to see what they say!!!!

in the US 22mm is big, I beleive.. dont quote me Im trying to remember from last month lol!!

I have been told to take 2.5mg next month, but still on CD3-7.

I know its good to have that many follies, I just didn't think I would be told it was TOO many! :dohh: I assumed that anything between 2 and 4 follicles was a good thing, and that I would be able to keep trying to catch it.

2.5mg should be a great number for you! Glad you got it figured out!! gl!!!! fx'd!!!

Is there any chance they will release on their own?

Not sure whether they will release on their own...the doctor thinks they will, but I had that problem when on clomid as well. So not really sure!

Not sure whether they will release on their own...the doctor thinks they will, but I had that problem when on clomid as well. So not really sure!

So, this its just me and I have no medical background what so ever, but I would bd. To me three is better than zero, and it isn't five.

:blush:I'd at least bd. and I might trigger anyway. But I've never been a good listener :blush:

Just to update you all, I went ahead and BD'd anyways! But didn't get the trigger, because the doctor wouldn't do it and I don't know how to do it myself!

Thank you for all your opinions!

Just to update you all, I went ahead and BD'd anyways! But didn't get the trigger, because the doctor wouldn't do it and I don't know how to do it myself!

Good luck! I hope it worked for you! :thumbup:

:babydust:

Miss Nlk, Iam PCOS and TTC since May right after my wedding. Taking metformin 1500mg and had 2cycles of clomid 100 and 150mg but became resistent to it. I too plimolut to bring the period and then femara 2.5mg.

I am wondering after 3follies, BD, have you got your positive that cycle?? How are you fairing since I want to get some accompany for this horribe PCOS TTC with heartbreaking meds.

Thanks u guys.

I didn't get my positive that cycle :nope: But I'm so glad that I went ahead and BDed anyways, because my FS decided that since I didn't get pregnant with three follies, I could start having a trigger each cycle as well, just to make sure I properly ovulate. I still get three consistently every cycle now, so I think that's just how I respond to the drugs.

Once you've posted enough, feel free to message me. It would be lovely to have more people who are going through the same thing. You can also come and chat to me on my journal. The link is at the bottom :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->