Feral heart rate at 9 weeks?

Girly922

Reaction score
For those of you who have had an ultrasound around the 9 week mark, can I ask what baby's heart rate was please?

I've got my 12wk scan on Wednesday and I'm just a bit anxious after my scan at 9+2 where the HR was apparently on the slow side.

I can't remember if it was at 6 weeks or 8 but at one of those visits the HR was 124. At 12 weeks it was 164. Wishing you the best at your scan on Wednesday, the beats start off slower and work their way to faster.

At 8w2d mine was 179. I get my 12 week scan at the end of the month.

This is my fifth pregnancy. At around 9 weeks, my babies have had heart rates of 145, 150, 160, 170 and 160.

At 9 weeks, ours was 176. Still awaiting our 12 week scan date...

With doppler the heart rate for my little peanut right now (9 weeks 1 day) is 180-188 average.

Thank you for sharing. The sonographer struggled to get the heart trace so I'm hoping that was a factor in it but she said it was 121 which was low for 9 weeks. It's just made me increasingly nervous as I approach the 12wk scan.

My doctor says that 120-180 is normal for that stage. 121 really is just above that guideline, so I understand why you'd be worried - I'm a worrier and would be freaking out, too.... but since I'm not in that position and am able to think completely rationally (without much emotion involved), I'm gonna say that I honestly think it's okay. Was your little fetus moving around? If not, I'd say your fetus was taking a nap. If your there was movement, and that's why your tech was struggling to get the heart rate, I certainly wouldn't worry about it at all. The heart rate changes constantly based on what the fetus (or even us adults) are doing. Maybe at your 12 week you'll see some wiggling, and the heart rate definitely will have picked up. :hugs: :)

My doctor says that 120-180 is normal for that stage. 121 really is just above that guideline, so I understand why you'd be worried - I'm a worrier and would be freaking out, too.... but since I'm not in that position and am able to think completely rationally (without much emotion involved), I'm gonna say that I honestly think it's okay. Was your little fetus moving around? If not, I'd say your fetus was taking a nap. If your there was movement, and that's why your tech was struggling to get the heart rate, I certainly wouldn't worry about it at all. The heart rate changes constantly based on what the fetus (or even us adults) are doing. Maybe at your 12 week you'll see some wiggling, and the heart rate definitely will have picked up. :hugs: :)

Little monkey would not stop moving for her. Hence the difficulty getting the heart trace. She even asked me to hold my breath and still struggled to get it. Arms and legs kicking everywhere. I just wish I could feel those movements, then I wouldn't worry so much.
The thing is, I wasn't worried after the scan because I'd seen that movement. It's only as I've approached this next scan that I've got anxious.
I think you're right, emotion is preventing my ability to think rationally and sensibly. Thank you.

I think if she struggled to get the trace, you can almost discount the rate. It would very likely be low, because the machine works by taking an average, and if let's say over a span of 10 seconds, it was only measuring the heart rate for 6 or 7, the other 3 or 4 would've been zero and brought your average down, for example.

Thank you Talia, that's the rational reasoning I know and need!:flower:

This one has been on the lower side throughout hun. They do say boys are slightly slower, maybe it's a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->