Fertility assessment - HSG or Saline Sonogram?

peppababy

Reaction score
Hi friends, I am new!

After we had been in the "not trying, not preventing" state for almost a year -- well more of "not trying" because DH didn't want a baby -- we finally got serious about TTC around Aug 2018. I started tracking my period since then, and started tracking my BBT and LH level in January 2019.

I became pretty nervous ever since I started tracking my BBT and ovulation... called my OB, had her ordered a couple of labs.8-[

My doctor said my husband's semen analysis looks normal despite higher WBC. She said my FSH, E2 and AMH are all normal, except she'd expected slightly higher AMH for my age (I am 26, AMH 2.85ng/mL). Progesterone at 14.6ng/mL confirmed my ovulation.:D

I wonder what I should do next? Dr said I should keep trying, or if I insist, next step would be a saline sonogram to look at my tubes in her office, or Hysterosalpingoram (HSG) at a radiology center/hospital. I am a little hesitant as I heard painful experience about these procedures. Which one should I get? Apparently HSG cost way more than saline sonogram, but I also wanted to see if the pain level/probability of getting infection is lower with HSG...

Wanted to see whether some of you are in a similar boat! My OB said if tubes are normal she can do IUI as the next step.

Baby dust to all!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->