fertility boosting foods

susan123

Reaction score
ive been trying to find info on this on line and have only come up with the usuall healthy eating diets like cut out sugar and fat, less carbs eat full fat yoghurts and drink full fat milk and eat lots of fruit and veg....

anyone know anything else?

Raspberries get good press, (peas very bad.) Honey for your man, a tea spoon a day should do it. And of course all the folic acid foods, green leafy veg. There is a fertility diet but it all salads and shakes and I couldn´t do it and live with OH, I think he would leave me if I freaked out about food too. (already on his back about smoking and drinking.)
I can´t ger raspberries here so I have the leaf tea every day which is supposed to stimulate the uterus.
Hope that ramble helps.

Yeah and what was the thing with pineapple? Juice is okay fruit is bad - hell if I know LOL.

I'm just eating normal food now same stuff as before we were TTC ie plenty of fresh fruit and veg a bit of extra meat and dairy, and I'm not aware of ANY recommendation about cutting out fat.

Last october when I got my BFP I had started a no sugar diet and slightly low carb I was eating lots of peanuts and anything protein rich. I had my healthy carbs for breakfast which was a bowl of grape-nuts with whole milk .
the rest of the day all lean protein and veggies. I am on the diet again now and staying on it till I get my BFP again. oh and I was also taking a alkalizing supplement that had alfalfa ,wheat grass and royal jelly.

Fat is needed for the baby...even my daughter lectured me about losing too much weight before getting pregnant as "apparently" the fat makes the baby smarter and better brain?
(she is studying psychology and did some reasearch and saw some guest lecturers on the subject etc)

The pineapple has to do with how the enzyme bromelain is processed; I believe if it is fresh you're SOL, lol.

I am allergic to the stuff, so I don't mess with that one, lol.

Yeah and what was the thing with pineapple? Juice is okay fruit is bad - hell if I know LOL.

I'm just eating normal food now same stuff as before we were TTC ie plenty of fresh fruit and veg a bit of extra meat and dairy, and I'm not aware of ANY recommendation about cutting out fat.

Bromelain is found in the middle part of the pineapple is suppost to aid implantation lots of women take it after IVF transfer.

Fat is needed for the baby...even my daughter lectured me about losing too much weight before getting pregnant as "apparently" the fat makes the baby smarter and better brain?
(she is studying psychology and did some reasearch and saw some guest lecturers on the subject etc)

Tell your DD the only thing that works is not being raised by a psychopath, lol.

yes good thing her dad was not around LOL

She actually gave me a bit of grief over being skinny when I conceived her...I was like..."seriously? Really?" HAHAHAHA if she had even been planned it would be a whole other story, right? LOL

Ha ha, well in the past week or two I've come to the realisation that since I ate properly before I was TTC, that is all that is required at this point.

So I'm not buying into any of these health plans, tonight I'm making steak for tea and that'll do us for protein rations. I gave up sushi but I'm back eating that now as well.

9 months of pregnancy is plenty long enough to feel stressed and deprived of everything, without starting that now.

so true Northstar...people who do get pregnant without trying are not on any special diets LOL

Exactly, since everyone on this part of the forum are "grownups" we are mostly all past the stage in life of living on Pot Noodles/Ramen and toast I hope ha ha.

hey don't knock the noodles LOL

I still enjoy them now and again HAHAHA

Ummm, ramen makes an appearance in my house quite often! If you put frozen egg rolls on the side it magically becomes a well-balanced meal, lol.

I add layers of cheese to mine LOL...yes I LOVE cheese

A friend of mine throws one of those deli chickens in it, lol.

quite convenient when you don't have time to prep and cook much...easy fast sustenance lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->