Fertility Consult today!

bpberger

Reaction score
I had my fertility consult today with my OBGYN. We have reached 1 year of trying for a baby and have absolutely no luck! My doctor decided to do blood work to test for numerous things and also he is prescribing me Clomid. Once my period starts I have to call my doctor and he will call it in and go over all the instructions with me. So, now I'm just playing the waiting game. Hopefully my period will start soon so that we can get this show on the road. It has been a long journey and I'm ready for it to end and start a new journey. I have extremely irregular cycles so he's pretty sure that the issue is with me in that I'm not ovulating regularly. So, we will try this for 3 rounds if needed and if I'm not pregnant by the end of round 3 then my husband will get an SA done. Then we will go from there. I'm really hopeful and I finally feel relaxed.

Really good you had a positive appointment :)
I don't know if you're aware but longterm use of Clomid can thin your lining, I don't know what defines 'longterm' with it, but perhaps it's worth also looking into natural ways that won't interfere with the Clomid to help ensure your lining stays thick :)

That’s really exciting!! I did 3 rounds of clomid which were unsuccessful, but then got my BFP the month after which is crazy! There are a lot of success stories on here and a couple of clomid threads with really supportive ladies. Do you know what dosage you’ll be on? I was on 50mg which is quite a low dose, but it’s a good starting point as they can increase it if it doesn’t seem to be making you ovulate. I had scans and blood tests to make sure it was working at that dosage. I think generally it’s safe to be on for up to six months, according to what my doctor told me, but you need a break after that.
Good luck!

I believe they are putting me on a 50mg dose but I won't be on it for more than 3 months. I've done some research on climid so I kind of understand what I'm getting into. I'm willing to give it a try for a few cycles. I'm not sure exactly all the details of everything but once my period starts I have to call the office then I will have a phone consult with my doctor to go over everything for the month. Right now there is still a possibility of being pregnant. I'm not exactly sure when my period will start but I'm guessing sometime this next week so there is still time to get a BFP. Hoping that I will get that BFP and not have to go on Clomid but I'm prepared to do it.

I shall be keeping everything crossed for a lovely positive before :)

Have you read up on using clomid and black cohosh together? Supposedly it helps counteract the thinning of the lining and increases preg rates

Have you read up on using clomid and black cohosh together? Supposedly it helps counteract the thinning of the lining and increases preg rates

That's interesting, I didn't know that! I have read loads that Clomid can thin the lining over long term use (although I haven't seen what defines long term), but haven't read what counteracts that which is safe to use with it

I have read several reviews about this fertility drug and I think it's worth a try. First treatment options especially for women whose dealing with infertility. Most importantly safe prenancy without going to high-tech procedure like IVF.

Did you do a monitored cycle? Or just take the clomid without ultrasounds to check on follicles?

Hi there!! I was excited to see your title because I just went to a new OBGYN this week for our first fertility consult! We have been trying for about 16 months (seems crazy to type that!) I seem to be ovulating so not sure what the issue might be. I'm doing blood work cycle day 3 which will be next week for me and husband will be doing SA. Also getting HSG and progesterone testing.

It's frustrating and heartbreaking and I am glad to start being proactive. Just hoping there's something we can do!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->