• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fertility Reflexology

SmileyShazza

I'm a mum!
Reaction score
I notice that my local salon has started offering fertility reflexology. For those that don't know Reflexology is where you have a relaxing foot massage and the therapist pushes certain pressure points on your feet which are linked to various areas, organs and problems in your body. I've always been interested in it but never been to have it done.

Having looked Fertility Reflexology on the internet I found a number of interesting articles:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-172952/Reflexology-aid-fertility.html

https://www.askbaby.com/reflexology-for-fertility.htm

I'm thinking about booking in to have a couple of sessions as they are doing a buy one get on free deal on all treatments until the end of March.

Has anyone tried anything like this to aid with ttc?

no but it sounds great! i would be interested to know this too!!

Morning Shazza. My stepmother is a reflexologist (is that even a word?!) and is sure it can help with almost anything body-related. I haven't asked her for treatments because we're not that close (she felt very awkward even knowing about my MC, thought it was personal and something I would want to discuss with my Mum rather than her, silly really) but I would definately look into it, especially if my local salon was offering a good deal! If you decide to have a go do let us know how you get on - anything that could help is worth trying I think, plus you get a nice foot massage into the bargain! x

Hey Shazza,
I have been having weekly Reflexology sessions and massages for the past three weeks. I also read it can help unblock meridians (energy channels) and aid conceiving. I'll let you know how I get on. 2-3dpo now. let us know how you get on.. the deal sounds fantastic too- I pay a bomb for mine- but feel it would all be worth it if we had a happy healthy babba at the end of it all.

Good luck
Minimin

Well it's £30 a session which I wouldn't be able to afford at full price but I managed to pick up some vouchers that give two treatments for the price of one so that would make them more affordable at £15 each. The vouchers is valid until the end of March so it gives me a while to save up a bit of cash.

I wasn't sure if I booked just two sessions if that would really be helpful or if I'd need to book up for a course. It's definitely something I'd like to try as I have read so many great things about Reflexology and how it can help people with ailments.

Ive never had it to do with fertility as when I last had it I was not TTC but it was very relaxing. I have to say that the woman said that there was tension in my digestive system (I'd been constipated for days TMI lol)

At one point I could feel tingling in my shoulders and then got a massive wave of butterflies. I asked her what she was doing and she said the bit she was massaging was related to my nervous system!

All in all, whether it helps with fertility or not (which I hope it does)- Its lovely and relaxing! And this is coming from someone with very tickly feet! lol x x x

I've been spending my lunch hour having a look at this and I want some! Even apart from the potential fertility benefit, I really like the sound of the general balancing effect it appears to offer. MC is so stressful on the mind and the body so if this could make me chill out a bit I might give it a go and if helps a BFP come along even better! Just have to convince DH now! x

Well thats what I was thinking too.

If it helps restore some balance in me and ease some of stress that may have built up after the mc and then Christmas etc it might be worth it just to releive that if nothing else.

Ideally I need to find someone who is training and needs a guinea pig as then I could get it at stupidly cheap prices :haha: until then I might book in for two sessions under the buy one get one free offer to see if it has any effect on my overall well being. I do tend to store up stress over time so this might help get rid of some of it.

I have my third one tomorrow- I cant wait! After it ( I also have a deep tissue massage too) I am floating on air- also have a wonderful nights rest. I hold stress and tons of it. At the moment she is working on my left shoulder and neck as it keeps getting stiff- Left side is related to stress in particular emotional stress. She takes in all my history and tomorrow wants to talk about some difficult things in my past which she thinks may be blocking my energy flow! I think you need to have 6 or sessions to see the benefits of it. I get 45 massage and 45 minutes of Reflexology.
Good luck and I hope you like it!!

Minimin

Don't suppose a teach yourself reflexology book would be any good - could find yourself in some very interesting positions!

I say go for it hun on the offer - I would have thought you would be able to tell if its for you or not after 2 sessions and then re-assess.

Here's to getting some balance back into our lives. Quite excited about the thought of being in a good place when that BFP comes along, might even make PAL a bit less stressful (who am I kidding, I'm going to be neurotic!) xxx

I tried it for 3 weeks and to be honest didnt feel the benefit, I certainly got more relaxed that night but after a couple of days dealing with normal life etc it all got stressed up again !

i believe accupuncture is more recognised and can even be available on the NHS nowadays.

If u do have it make sure you have it away from home where its easier to relax

I've had reflexology lots while TTC - my reflexologist is a friend and she's excellent. Funnily enough I had it eveymonth but the month I conceived I hadn't had it! I did have it once pregnant though I then miscarried... there's no link but I don't think I'll risk it next time - same as I won't be having sex in 1st tri next time (as I'd just BD when I started to MC).

Anyway, even if it theoretically doesn't help with TTC it is the most relaxing thing I've ever experienced and that can only be good!

I fell pregnant the month after I had reflexology where she paid attention to my reproductive area. She even told me that I was due to ovulate!!!

I would definitively go for it - it is so relaxing.

x

I have booked a session for this evening and I'm really excited about it (and also a little bit scared that she's going to tell me my hormones are shot to pieces!). I'll let you know how I get on Shazza. Hopefully my timing is good because I'm still waiting to ovulate on CD18 (boo). Where has my nice regular 30 day cycle gone?! Hope the reflexology might do something to bring it back! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->