fertility tests = AAAARGGHH (rant)

vermeil

Mom to 27 week wonder+DD
Reaction score
Argh these stupid tests are SO frustrating. When they give you the list of tests, gives you the impression you can get them all done in a month. WRONG! Even in a private clinic, with weekend restrictions, appointment mixups on their end, test confusions etc etc it`s taken three months so far. And during the last one (stupid painful one where they check if your tubes are clear) they found a small polyp they want removed. But that is only done in the public sector, I just called..... they have a 3 month waiting list.

Gaaaaah!!

Once the tests are all done THEN you get to JOIN a WAITING LIST for the actual FERTILITY TREATMENTS! Typical wait - 3 months!

GAAAAAAAH!!!

I really, truly think that TTC makes you turn :wacko:.

I started the whole gamut when I was 39, I'm 40 now and feel actual start of anything useful is still far in sight.

I know it will happen eventually, had DS 1 at 38 after six months TTC, we`re now at 8 months, nothing dramatic I know but every month it gets sooo... meh....

ok rant over :blush:

You ladies are all so incredibly brave! Here`s to our upcoming BFPs :flower:

I think it's a good sign that you had DS at 38. If all of your numbers are good, it's just a matter of time. Good luck to you!

Is there an online rateyourmd that you can post feedback on? From my experience professionals DO read these. If they smarten up you're small efforts have helped many others, if the don't smarten up it leaves room in the field for other clinics to move in. Best of luck chica!!!!!! Hoping for your BFP soon.

I think that's one benifit we have in the US...we can get any test done any time we want. My sister found about a cyst and had it removed the next day.

But still the TTC wait is so frustrating

aye the wait is frustrating - took 3 years for my dd so were ntnp already as im not geting any younger and have pcos and bonkers cycles

good luck everyone x

I'm in uk, was referred on nhs to fs in oct 2011, my own gp lost my first round of bloods. Waited 4 months for fs appt (feb2012), was told to get more bloods/urine & dh sa & weren't allowed to book another fs appt until those were all done 6wks, then 2 month waiting list. At next fs appt she ordered a hsg which had to be on cd 7-11 on a Wednesday booked a week in advance! So that took 2 month to nail down. Now we have ANOTHER 2 month wait for a follow up appt to my hsg. Who knows when I will actually get any treatment, if any, as I've been told when I turned 38 I became too old for nhs assistance! It sucks!

Yeah just_married, even though I'm across the pond what you describe sounds so familiar! so far:

-I showed up for an apt on a Thursday at a private fertility clinic, to be told they had mistakenly booked me for Wednesday (the day before) and could I kindly come back next month? :dohh:

-started af on the first day of a long weekend. By the time they call me back the following Tuesday they had no availability left for the 7-10 day tests, could I kindly try again next month?? :dohh:

-my husband's bloodwork. Called every day for two weeks, no results in. Called the public hospital we went to. They can't tell us over the phone, the clinic asking the test must do so. Call the private fertility clinic back. Oh they FORGOT to call the hospital to request the results. They do so right away - results are in, takes 5 minutes. They've been ready at the hospital for over a week. Sigh.

-called about test A. Oh it's typically done at the same time as test B. So I show up for test B, inquire again, yep we typically do test A at the same time, on the same blood sample. This is required to be able to pass test C. A week later I try to schedule test C. Nope, results of test A not in yet. I call every day for another week. Nope, not in. I finally complain. They finally bother to look through my file - oh look! they didn't actually DO test A at all!!! No wonder there are no results in! But I had asked when I came for test B, I explain to them. Oh no they reply, you have to actually PAY for test A to get it done at the same time! You had to tell us specifically to do that test! But but..... I asked for test A specifically! but no one inquired if I wanted to pay for it when I came?!?!? :dohh: Well can you do test A from the same blood sample you already have for test B? Yep! They call the lab... oh wait the sample is only good for 7 days. We're on day EIGHT. Could I kindly try again next month??? THEN schedule test C? GAAAAH :dohh:

(I've noticed a trend, public sector might take a bit longer to get an appointment but it's reliable and predictable. So far all errors were made by the expensive private clinic. Baaah =p )

Yeah.... definitely enough to make you go :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->