Fertility Treatments

Tinks86

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hello ladies, sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread!
I was wondering if there is anyone receiving fertility treatment with a BMI of more then 35? Mine is 46 and they keep saying to lose weight, but i dont find it as easy as that especially after trying for 2 long years for a :bfp: :cry: I have had scans and they say my overies are fine, my hubbys SA is fine, I have had blood tests and the only thing mentioned was slightly raised androgen levels but nothing to worry about. I have irregular cycles too. Surely my weight cant be the only reason for no baby yet and like I said, they wont do anything until I lose about 6 stone but that could take a year or more, I dont feel I could wait that long :-( what is a good diet to follow? I appreciate there will be people trying longer so I hope I dont cause offence but I just feel really down about it. Thanks for any input :flower: x

Sorry, I've just started ttc, I am also very overweight, not sure of my bmi, not sure I want to! :p Any how, I found it very easy to drop weight fast with medifast. Just in case... I know where I live you can't be more than 25 pounds over weight or the fertility centers wont treat you. Good luck to you dear! Baby dust to you.

Oh, I understand your frustration so well. More or less in the same boat, having tried for 2 years now. Maybe you can try to get your tubes checked with an HSG, they put dye through the uterus and tubes to see if they are open.

Otherwise, if you are in the UK, I don't think that the NHS will help you with more fertility treatment, as clomid does not work very well when you are overweight and you are only eligible for IVF funding with a BMI up to 30. I guess that I am lucky with a BMI of just about 30, clomid didn't work, so it's IVF for me in 6 months.

So that means either private fertility treatment or losing weight. Good ones, I heard, are slimming world or weight watchers. I think, that your GP can also refer you to a dietician. If you feel like that you gain weight without good reason, being tired etc. you can get thyroid checked as it can also impair fertility.

Oh dear, I am really sorry for all my stupid tips, I find it super hard to lose weight too, got PCOS, so I know it's not easy. Last but not least, there are overweight women who get pregnant and have a good pregnancy, so its possible. Don't give up hope.

Lots of babydust to you! :flower:

Thank you ladies and :dust: to you both. I have had a look online and am going to join slimming world tomorrow - now for another long journey ahead! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->