FET after ivf twins

Roselily2015

Reaction score
Hi, I used to post here (but forgot my login!) 9 years ago when first ttc! I now have 7 year old identical twins from our first round of ivf :)

we both really want another child, but have hit a roadblock.. since transferring a single embryo last time and ending up with twins, we have been scared to try again in case it happens again. I wouldn’t change a thing with my girls, but we really don’t have the space in our house for another set, we simply cannot move house, and I had a really traumatic pregnancy last time, plus ending up with a long nicu stay. It was a lot, and although I know I would do it again, my husband is too terrified. We have had our embryos frozen all this time knowing we would eventually want another.. now here we are, ready, had our consultation with our clinic, but my husband struggling to move forward with it, and I get it.. it’s scary, it’s a risk, but I don’t know what to do now. Do we just not fulfill our dream? If twins happened again, would he resent, and if we don’t go for it, would I have regret..?

Sorry I’ve rambled, I don’t expect answers of course, I just don’t have anyone to talk to. Has anyone had twins and then a singleton? I know chances of twins are low, but I never expected them the first time! I’m at a loss :(

I sort of have experience but not really? Anyway, I have naturally conceived twins twice but miscarried both times. (One was a viable twin but Baby B was a blighted ovum and it triggered the loss. The second was likely due to genetic issues/improper implantation.) I've had 2 singleton pregnancies since then and I am currently unexpectedly pregnant with a singleton again.

I also know many women who have had twins and only had singletons after that. Most are naturally conceived but not all of them have been. In fact, I know one woman who used fertility treatments to conceive with her first husband and their first pregnancy was fraternal twins. She went on to have a singleton pregnancy using fertility treatments after that. And while I don't know if she's needed fertility treatments with her second husband but she's had 2 singletons with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->