FET July

Mexx

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm currently waiting for my FET On my way! Natural cycle and should have transfer on Sat 16th. Is anyone else nearing date for a transfer and want to wait together?
Good luck ladies xxx

Hi Mexx - I'm gearing up for my FET next week. If my lining check on Thursday looks good, I will be transferring next Thursday, July 21. :thumbup: This is our third try at a FET for #2 (failed transfer in December and our February transfer ended with a D&C in March). This is our last normal embryo, so we're hoping for the best.

Good luck!

Fingers crossed for you. I've had IVF x2 and a FET X1. This is my second FET and still trying for my first child. The waiting part is so hard isn't it! Just want it now!
Are you doing anything specific after transfer to boost chances? xx

We did 2 IVF cycles in 2013 when I was still 28. With the first cycle, we ended up with 4 embryos -- we transferred 2 (4AA and 5AA) and froze the other 2, and we were not successful (beta came back at 1 :dohh:). We opted to do a second cycle of IVF to get more embryos (my ovarian reserve was on the low side, and we knew we wanted to try for 2 kids in the long run), and under the recommendation of my RE, we did PGS on the 4 embryos from that cycle along with the 2 that we had previously frozen. 3 of the cycle 2 embryos came back normal (all girls), and 1 of the cycle 1 embryos (a boy) came back normal as well. We transferred a 5AA embryo (our highest grade) via a frozen transfer and were blessed with our DD.

In October of last year, we were finally ready to start trying for #2. We naively thought that it would happen in no time since we had tested our embryos for genetic abnormalities. We transferred our boy embryo (6AB) last December and were gutted when my beta came back at 2 on Christmas Eve. We opted to immediately jump into another FET cycle. After some issues with building up an adequate lining and adjusting my thyroid medication, we transferred another embryo (3BB) in mid-February and were excited to get a BFP on my birthday. At our first ultrasound appointment, we were saddened to discover that all I was carrying was an empty embryo sac. Hormone levels were still sky high and continued to confirm pregnancy, and the sac continued to grow when we went for a final confirmation ultrasound the following week. :nope: Under the advice and guidance of my doctor, we ended things with a D&C at 7.5 weeks.

For this FET, my doctor changed my entire protocol. We introduced new medications (Lupron and possibly blood thinners later), changed my form of estrogen from pills to patches, and ran lots of blood work which ultimately came back normal for immune issues. I had a hysteroscopy performed in May as well. Assuming my next lining check goes well on Thursday, I finish up with my Lupron injections on Friday and start PIO injections that same night.

My post-transfer stuff this time will probably be the same that I've followed in the past. Acupuncture immediately before and after transfer, and 2 days of doctor-ordered bedrest. I'll be eating lots of protein (chicken) and pineapple core during that time as well. My acupuncturist recommends consuming nothing cold after transfer and keeping your feet and abdomen warm.

We've transferred 5 embryos over the course of 4 transfers (1 fresh and 3 FETs) to date and have been successful once. We're down to our last embryo and plan for this to be our last assisted try.

I really hope that you finally get your baby with this next transfer! It looks like you've been through a lot, and you deserve to find happiness with some success. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->