Fetal Doppler help please

Sophiejash

Reaction score
Does anyone know when you can hear babies hb with a home Doppler. I'm 9+2, my Doppler arrived in the post today so I've just tried to find hb and had no joy. I had an early scan at 7+1 due to a mc I had back in sept, there was a strong hb then and baby measured exactly what it should have done. I've still got really sore boobs and nausea (which I didn't get at all with the pregnancy that miscarried) so feel confident everything ok but really want to know when I might be able to hear it. Or any tips on where abouts to point the probe? How low should I go? I feel a little lost with it. Any help much appreciated

I know lots of women use dopplers wth differing results but my midwife with DS wouldn't even attempt it until about 16w and even then it took her a good while!

Please try not to worry, it's very early still!

I have read that you really need to point it down the way until after your uterus pops over your pubic bone so perhaps try that, with plenty of gel on your tum.

Good luck! X

I didn't try last time with my daughter until I was around 11 weeks. Took a bit of finding....I think 12 weeks plus more likely

I was able to find this pregnancy at 9+1 and DS at 9+2. It takes forever that early though, and I watched videos to figure out exactly what to look for. I'd find it and lose it almost instantly, but it's been getting easier since. at 10+4 it still takes a few min to find, but it's getting louder...

My midwife tried yesterday at 15 wks but said you dont always hear it yet.so not to worry if she couldnt fu d ut. But she did find it very low down.

Try very low down. Not much above your pubic bone. Start in the middle and angle it towards your bum. You will probably need to push it in fairly firmly to have a hope in hearing it at this stage.
I'm 9+5 and heard my Bub yesterday. It was easy to find but I had tried a few times before and I'd given up after 15mins of nothing.
If you can't find it don't worry as it is still very early. Sometimes if you try later in the day if you couldn't find it earlier its position maybe different enabling you to find it.
Goodluck.

I heard mine 9+1 I hope you hear it soon x

Thank you everyone, I'll try again soon, don't want to keep trying and get nothing as it'll only make me worry but fingers crossed I'll hear it soon

I just found my lo's hb two days ago at 10 weeks 4 days. I tried earlier but had no luck. I have a fairly long torso and I feel lucky to find it this early. I found it again yesterday but no luck today. My OB won't try with the Doppler until, at the earliest, after 12 weeks.

I found Los heartbeat last night at 9 +3. I've been trying for 5 minutes every 5 days or so from around 7 weeks lol but only found it for the first time yesterday and almost instantly in a spot I've searched many times to no avail. I think all sorts of factors can effect an early hearing of the HB mostly where baby is positioned. I think as this is baby #3 I've popped much more quickly than my other pregnancies and baby/ uterus has risen out of my public bone quicker than before. But also whether you've been to the toilet, eaten a meal ect can all effect it in the early days. I was surprised to find it yesterday as I wasn't expecting to yet.

I've just tried again and found it almost instantly, I just sat there for ages listening to it, amazing! I'm so happy. 9+5 and I've found it yay X

I didn't have a Doppler with my first 2 but I found this baby at 8+5 and I never had an issue finding her after that. I watched YouTube videos so I knew where to start looking! Just keep trying but stop if you start to feel stressed out about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->