Fetal Doppler... How far along before you heard the heartbeat?

Well I tried at 7w4d and found it very faint after two minutes. Have tried twice today to see if husband could hear and nothing. I'm beginning to doubt if I heard it yesterday. I want to keep trying but I don't want to do any damage as I'm pressing pretty hard down on my stomach just above hair line. X

I just got my doppler today, and tried to find it for 40 minutes. I didn't. I turned it off, did other things, and then tried it one last time when my bladder was almost exploding (I drank a lot of water to make it easier). I was siting almost getting up, and I found it immediately. The doppler caught the rate of 179/180 per minute, and I didn't move for a few minutes just to be sure it was the hb, and it was. But I couldn't find it anymore after that. I tried to show it to my wife, and I couldn't find it again...now I think she thinks I'm crazy :p

I started looking around late 9 weeks and midwife found baby on Thursday at 10+2. We found baby again the next day a lot faster when I had a full bladder. Baby seems to like hanging out more on the left side a few inches up from the hair line.

Just wanted to add to this thread. I have a sonoline b and I found hb with my first pregnancy at 9+4. I hadn't tried earlier.

With this one I tried from like 6 weeks and finally got it at 9+2 then again at 9+3. Then I couldn't find it for a couple of days and found it again at 10w exactly.

It's pretty common I believe early on to have days where you don't find it and days where you do :)

I found it again yesterday and my wife heard it too! I'm so happy, now I know that I wasn't imagining things :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->