fetal HR 105--too low??

syncronisity

Reaction score
I went for an ultrasound today, I had been dated at 6w6d, and the hr was 105 and they switched me to 6w2d.

Dr said it was a little slow, but as long as it was over 100, he said it was ok. Everything else looked good and he doesn't want to see me for 3 weeks, but I am pretty freaked out about it being slow.

Anyone have this happen and go on to be successful??

I haven't had it happen but I agree, at my 6w5d scan I was told anything over 100 is considered good/normal. Actually she may have said over 90. At 6w2d that itty bitty heart just formed and is still growing so it starts slow and a few days does make a huge difference. I know it's hard not to freak out, but my gyn also said the mc rates drops once a hb is detected within normal range. When is your next appointment?

Thank you! He said 3 weeks, but I will be totally nuts by then! I am hoping to get an earlier appointment

Looking back on my notes mine was 128 at 6w5d, so not too far off. And like I said a few days make a difference. 3 weeks is a long time when you are worried, but if he thought there was something to be concerned about he would ask you to come back in a week. So try to take some comfort in that :hugs:

When I was pregnant with my son, I had my first ultrasound at 5w6d and his heart rate was 99. He is now a vibrant 2 1/2 yr old.

Nah. Some babies' hearts don't even start beating until 7 weeks along, so let's say your baby's heart just started beating................ it's gonna be slower than a heart that's been beating awhile. Also, AmericanPregnancy's website - which usually is like WebMD (always telling you the absolute worst) says normal at 6-7 weeks is 90-110BPM and simply seeing a beating heart is all you need.

90 and up is considered healthy before 7 weeks. I had an early scan at 6+3 with my son and it was around 98. He's a crazy 2.5 year old now!

Thank you to those who have responded, you eased my mind some.

Still nervous, and still not wanting to wait 3 weeks-argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->