fetal movement question at 35weeks anyone else notice this?

jen435

our miracle is on the way
Reaction score
Im 35 weeks now and noticed the last two days baby hasnt really been moving much at all. Is this normal towards end? My ob gave a fetL nonstress test told me baby was fine 4weeks ago. They billed me 550 for it too! Cant afford another but ob said she refuses to do a scan as she thinks baby is fine. Part of me is nervous to loss my baby so im just hoping no movement is normal

Oh forgot to mention anyone else experiencing a burning pain in center of lower stomach? I get it constantly. Perhaps heartburn? But its not same as im used to having and tums helpped me alot but not anymore.

I can't believe all the money you have to shell out in the US for ob visits! Makes me glad the UK has the NHS. :p

I am 36 weeks & I have days where baby doesn't move much at all & days where he is moving all the time. Have not experienced the burning in your tummy though, only heartburn which is up a lot higher at the top of my chest.

Is there an a&e department that you can go to, or do you have a heart beat monitor you could use just to stop worrying? I don't use mine much anymore, but when I have the odd non movement day I find it really great to just be able to hear his heart beating away for a minute.

Imo you should always go by the motto "If in doubt, check it out". If you had normal movement and then no movement at all I would go to A&E. I'm sure bubs is ok but just for your peace of mind. :hugs:

My baby movements have changed towards the end. I don't get big kicks and rolls. More limbs poking out and he likes to stretch his back and stick his bum out. But I still feel him all the time and his routine of movements is the same. If you are feeling nothing you need to go to a&e! I'm sure all is well but don't ignore it. X

I called my ob they told me that baby is probably fine and i cant go to hospital unless they actually give me consent due to my hmo insurance rules. Even at midnight id have to call to ask to go. I dont have a fetal monitor unfortunately. I been trying to drink/eat something sugary to get baby moving even tried cold water no luck. Perhaps just growing and sleeping now?

I asked my Doctor at my last appt about this because I had a few days with very little movement. Everything went back to normal movement wise, but I asked her what I could do to prevent worry.

She said have something to eat, lay down, and I should feel 6 movements in 2 hours. She also said it doesn't matter how strong the movement is... a movement is a movement.

Tristansmum thats exactly what ive been feeling last 5weeks but now its slowed down to pretty much feeling nothing

First time 83 thank u!! That helps going to try laying still for a while after dinner tonight. Just had lunch and been sitting up in hopes to feel her!

I called my ob they told me that baby is probably fine and i cant go to hospital unless they actually give me consent due to my hmo insurance rules. Even at midnight id have to call to ask to go. I dont have a fetal monitor unfortunately. I been trying to drink/eat something sugary to get baby moving even tried cold water no luck. Perhaps just growing and sleeping now?

This is really awful? You can't go the hospital if your worried cause insurance say's so?? Thank god we don't work that way over here.
How long is it since movement? If babies movement routine has changed dramatically imo it should be checked out.

Tristansmum thats exactly what ive been feeling last 5weeks but now its slowed down to pretty much feeling nothing

That's awful your ob is so unconcerned! Here in UK they say if any doubt then go in and get checked! Perhaps you need to say a bit of s white lie and day you have done all the things with eating, drinking ect and you feel nothing at all... Exagerate. You could exagerate the pain too. Do whatever to get seen.

What about putting a hot drink on your bump. I do that with my cup of tea and he always moves out the way

Also, the day before reduced movement I felt the biggest movements I've felt so far... We think it was when she turned. So now she is in a downward position and it changed her patterns.

What about putting a hot drink on your bump. I do that with my cup of tea and he always moves out the way

I get the same thing, also if I rest my iPad on my bump for a second too. You could also try something like a bag of frozen peas on your bump, babies will usually try to move away from that too (but put a bit of fabric or a tea towel between the peas & your skin).

Great ideas! Thank u! Have lots to try to get her moving. I really hope shes ok. If no movement in next hr im gonna demand to be seen

Really hope baby starts wriggling soon! I've noticed movements gave changed from kicks and wriggles, to big rolls and squirms. If you're not feeling anything though you need to be seen. Not having a heartbeat monitor is a good thing. Once movement is established in early 20 ish weeks, you should never use a doppler to check well being of baby. Presence if a heartbeat can't tell you if a baby is in distress. Have your dinner and something cold/fizzy/sugary, lie on your left side, no movement and you need to be checked asap. Any change in movement needs to be checked out x

I did notice a few days at 36 weeks where it seemed like the day before she'd been super active and then a few days of nothing!!

If im ever worried I get in a nice warm bath and pour a jug of warm water over bump and she immediately starts to wriggle. Give that a go :) xx

reduced movement NEEDS to be checked out.

can you not just go to your local hospital?

I am shocked you can't go to your local hospital.

Surely if your baby isn't moving they should see you?

Drink a big glass of juice and lay down on your back or left side. If no movement in an hour I'd get checked out. It's common for baby's movements to change, but they should never stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->