fetal movement question at 35weeks anyone else notice this?

Any update hun? I hope everything turns out okay!

Oh forgot to mention anyone else experiencing a burning pain in center of lower stomach? I get it constantly. Perhaps heartburn? But its not same as im used to having and tums helpped me alot but not anymore.

zantac and pecid is on the safe list to take as many of the women will tell you...feel better....that is normal as baby is big and pressing up on your tummy...

as for the baby....take something cold and sugary drink it....wait maybe 15 minutes lay down on your side where your heart is....see if your baby wakes up...

he should :)

towards the end the baby does slow down alot....doesnt have lots of room.... but you should feel some movement and when you dont ....do above.....

I called my ob they told me that baby is probably fine and i cant go to hospital unless they actually give me consent due to my hmo insurance rules. Even at midnight id have to call to ask to go. I dont have a fetal monitor unfortunately. I been trying to drink/eat something sugary to get baby moving even tried cold water no luck. Perhaps just growing and sleeping now?

go to babys r us, they have the baby fetal moniter there..its not the expensive doppler but you can hear the baby....go get it...its like 20 dollars or so...

at least you can hear the placenta and the baby woosh about...it will ease your mind

I called my ob they told me that baby is probably fine and i cant go to hospital unless they actually give me consent due to my hmo insurance rules. Even at midnight id have to call to ask to go. I dont have a fetal monitor unfortunately. I been trying to drink/eat something sugary to get baby moving even tried cold water no luck. Perhaps just growing and sleeping now?

go to babys r us, they have the baby fetal moniter there..its not the expensive doppler but you can hear the baby....go get it...its like 20 dollars or so...

at least you can hear the placenta and the baby woosh about...it will ease your mind

As others have said, hearing a heartbeat doesn't mean the baby isn't in distress so equipment like this isnt that useful at this stage. If no movement, better to go in and get a proper distress assessment. Posts like this make me appreciate the NHS even more.

As others have said, hearing a heartbeat doesn't mean the baby isn't in distress so equipment like this isnt that useful at this stage. If no movement, better to go in and get a proper distress assessment. Posts like this make me appreciate the NHS even more.

Im talking about when the baby just has a lazy day, so she doesnt drive herself bonky...not when there is an actual problem....

she can however go to a clinic or planned parenthood and have her get a check up if at least the bare miniamal they will let her know if she needs more and then call her insurance and send her....

The problem is a doppler wont pick up the difference between a lazy baby and a baby in trouble/

USing a doppler as medical reasurance is very dangerous

My mw told me the are dangerous. She said people hear a hb and think all is fine when baby is in trouble x

My mw told me the are dangerous. She said people hear a hb and think all is fine when baby is in trouble x

THAT IS why i never owned one myself....

my suggstion was mearly that a suggestion but not for diagnosis for this or anything but for fun
i mentioned drinking cold drink, laying on the side..calling ones doctor...
going to the clinic gettin checked out....
I think that covers it with this problem?

hun I hope it works our and everything is ok....

for the others picking my posts out of context....I dont know..

I wasnt picking your post apart... I was merely commenting in reply to some thing someone had said...

Thanks ladies. I saw my ob today and we listened to baby on doppler in office. Still no.movement really but doctor.wont do anything else at this point im just waiting :-(

They stil wont check you?

Please demand to be put on a trace. It has been too long with out movement

How long did he listen for?

Im shocked a doctor would be so blase about reduced movements.

You really should go to the local emergency room. They cannot turn you away and your insurance should still cover you if you tell them the circumstances and that you thought it was a matter of life and death. Your ob should have put you on the non stress machines as soon as you mentioned lack of movements. I hope everything is ok for baby and you but I really wouldn't waste anymore time waiting around. I've never heard of insurance giving you so much trouble. I'm in the US and we had insurance similar but never would they not allow a hospital visit in a situation like this. :(

What??

What happened when the doctor checked with the doppler? If you're still having no movement....go the the ER and get checked ASAP.

That's just shocking to me that your doctor seems unconcerned.

I hope everything is okay.

oh geez hmos sounds awful. When I had reduced movement, I came in and they did one of those non-stress tests where they hook you up to a monitor to see how often the baby is moving? Turns out, baby was still moving, I just couldn't feel it for some reason! I'd recently had a fall, so might have been too sore to or something. Wish they'd do that test for you. Shouldn't cost you!

you know on all insurnaces you are allowed including hmo a second opinion...i would call another Ob office and tell them you would like a second opinion...

the problem she is scared of is going to the hospital and them calling her doctor because they will as soon as she gets there and rhe doctor sending her right home...
which then will do nothing for her.....:(
he will just say she is high strung and having a hard time...send her home to rest...

Another reason I LOVE living/being from Canada!
I hate that people may not get the care the deserve or need because they cant "afford" to go in and get checked.
OP - I hope you and baby get looked at and that everything is fine! :)
Positive thoughts coming your way!

please call around doctors offices for a second opinion.....:hugs:

Hey so i finally spoke with a nurse at obgyn on phone i am goin in today to see the male doctor at practice. Baby moved slightly last night but it was hardly anything Im wondering if its her position. Praying she's just sleepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->