Fever /flu for 5 days at 5 weeeks pregnant causing birth defects?

Ginamarie430

Reaction score
Ok hoping I can get some feedback on here!! I'm pregnant with my second child naturally, which is an amazing miracle! IVF for first. But, I'm just getting over the flu which caused me a high fever off and on for many days during my 5th week of pregnancy. I've done a lot of research and found it's much more likely to have birth defects, especially neural tube defects from being that sick with a fever so early on. Anyone experience this? What was your baby's outcome? I'm beyond upset and worried and no one to talk to!! Help! 🙏🏼 TIA!

If you have the flu during your pregnancy, there are chances that your baby is born prematurely or has a low birth weight, and can even lead to stillbirth or death in the first week of life. Study conducted says Colds during pregnancy are linked to an increased risk of your baby developing asthma. Flu vaccine is safe during any stage of pregnancy,flu vaccine while pregnant also pass some protection on to their babies, which lasts for the first few months of their lives.•Wash your hands frequently, including immediately before eating, after sneezing, and after going to the bathroom.

Firstly congratulations :) I had the flu ... An awful one week 5 and 6 of last pregnancy . Little pink is now 9 months old and perfect :) don't worry it will all be fine :) millions of people get colds / flus in early pregnancy as your immune system is low . My mother swears she always got a rotten cold when newly pregnant and it was how she knew !!! She had 5 healthy children :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->