Fever in early pregnancy

Lues

Reaction score
So... yesterday sucked. Really... REALLY sucked.

I thought I was just getting a cold (which I know is super common in early pregnancy), but then after not sleeping at all on Sat night, yesterday it got worse and I ended up with a fever.

I know a "fever" can be dangerous THIS early (like earlier that 7,8 weeks). BUT again, because it's SO early, taking Tylenol didn't feel right either.

I called the emergency on-call nurse, who was luckily very kind about it and told me that while I was okay to take a little bit of Tylenol now if I wanted to, I didn't really need to unless the fever was climbing. She said anything under 100.5 was considered okay and not to worry. If it went over that, to take the Tylenol.

It did dabble above that twice, but literally only for like 5-10 minutes, (yes, I was taking my temperature about ever 5 minutes, lol) so I never had to take anything.

When I went to bed it was 100.3. When I woke up at 3am it was back down to completely normal 98.8 or something!! YAY.

I just sort of wanted to tell the story. My poor husband last night I think was pretty annoyed with my concern. But I couldn't help it. I think it's an understandable concern. But I do realize I probably was overly concerned, but I mean... well, I had a fever, and hadn't slept at ALL the night before!!

I am going into the office later this morning (just for some blood work and stuff that was already scheduled) but if I get a chance to speak to the pregnancy nurse, I'm going to bend her ear about it, just so I can feel better.

If I get any good information, I'll update everyone, in case anyone has a similar situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->