Few questions on cloth

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
ok, so i am looking to start buying some between now and when baby is about 8 weeks then i will start to use them, unless they fit well before that.

I want ONE SIZE, birth to potty, financially i cant get lots of sizes.
I like the softer ones without the seperate wraps which go on top,
I would prefer velcro fastening at the front so it can adjust and i wont be in-between poppers but i know theres poppers on the sides of most one size..

So, What ones do you suggest?

My fav so far are blueberry's, Found the 'babykind' website, is that a good website to buy from?? they seem to have lots of options both style and colour.

Is there any other kinds similar to the blueberry??
how long do they take on average to dry..... / how many would i ideally need?
I have an Aga type oven and a fire so can dry them infront of that, we dont own a tumble dryer and i wont be getting one when i move out.

Can you use the blueberrys again if it was only wet and you replace the liner?? Should i buy extra liners to accomodate for this?

Aside from the nappys is the only other thing i need tea tree oil and a bucket to keep them in till i do a washing?

Sorry for all the questions, i just do not want to use disposables all the time!!

pop ins have velcro fit and popper adjustable rise, they have snap in night time booster aswell, theres plenty more but i cant think of any names right now, except what youve already said

i dont really know of any others, if you were happy using a nippa instead of velcro i could make u some?

x

https://www.totsbots.com/templates/totsbots/images/products/larges/nappi-nippa.jpg

you just stick it onto the front of the nappy and it holds it all together, theyre sooo easy to use, a lot of people use them if they dont feel comfortable using nappy pins :D

x

A nippa is a plastic stretch plastic thing which hooks onto fabric instead of poppers/velco although if you want pockets or aio's they dont use nippas.

For what you want i would go with minkee or cuddlesoft weenotions is onesize :thumbup:

https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=98&zenid=a7a8mtqvo6fmljdaiofhbl5014

Ps if you ask she will make aplex (velco tabs) as will most wahms

I put mine on the aga and they dry overnight :)
There are different types of blueberry i'm going to buy the other type so you can check mine out when i get them :lol: I'm also getting a load of different types on one size soon so we can find the best...
The bumgenius ones are great too!! They are bringing out the 'flip' type which i'm wanting to try but they arent out in UK :hissy:

https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_278&products_id=3157
https://www.craftynclothy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_29_82_84&products_id=351
https://www.teeheebaby.co.uk/section/18/1/birth-to-potty-nappies (my fav website)
https://www.cottonbaby.co.uk/shop/236.php

They arent all one size ones...but they are the websites i'm about to use :dohh:

woah im mega confused now, you guys just used a lot of words i do not understand... aahhh.. wahms??

If you like the pocket nappies, I would try some of the ebay cheapies if I were you. I've bought loads of different kinds of nappy and honestly, I find the cheapies just as good as the expensive ones. In fact, some of them are more reliable.

From ebay, I've tried two types - naughty baby and sweet doll baby ones. They're pocket nappies like the blueberries and the naughty baby ones have velcro to fasten, with poppers to adjust the size from birth to potty. The colours are nice and bright but the only thing you might not like is they're not fluffy nappies on the outside, they're some kind of waterproof fabric but they're quite soft. The naughty baby ones come with two inserts which is good. The outers dry super fast and you can always buy spare inserts to use while the others are drying, though they don't take that long either. And the best thing is the price - £5.98 for one and you can save a bit by buying more at once.

For pocket nappies, I personally wouldn't reuse the outers once they'd been wet because all the inside can get wet with the wee. I suppose you could give them a quick rinse through and they'd be ready quicker than waiting for a load of washing to go in though.

I've just ordered my first blueberry - £12 second hand from usednappies.co.uk. I do love the pretty nappies but I've learned that (for me anyway) it's a waste of money to buy all pretty ones because mostly they're hidden under clothes. So I've got enough boring sensible ones to last two days, then I've topped up my stash with fancy ones for showing off!

thats true actually, it really pains me to put trousers on over a gorgeous flashy nappy lol, i loved summer when she just had nappy and a teeshirt on

x

thats a good point, So i could maybe get a bunch of plain ones, similar but cheaper and then some nice ones for things like if shes not gonna be going out or sumertime or something. I amnt really up to speed with the use of Ebay to be honest.. is there any more second hand websites?? I havnt got a problem with second hand at all i just am new to this nappy malarky!

Are the ones you make all fastened with the nippa things? are they similar as in one size and just have the insert and the outer bit and go in the washing machine? x

the ones i make fasten with nippa / nappy pin if u want them one size, i do velcro and poppers but its harder to get them one size with velcro and poppers so i keep them for sized ones

my nappies have outer layer of fleece/velboa so its soft to touch, hidden layer of waterproof and an inner layer of fleece to keep bum dry, then youd put the insert inbetween the waterproof and the inner fleece

for inserts i mainly use microfibre cloths which you can pick up cheap in supermarkets or if u go into pound shops you can buy microfibre towels for cleaning cars, just dont wash them with ur nappies cos they make everything black

i have just got some bamboo which i havent put onto the shop yet but i can make u an insert aswell if u wanted? bamboo is much more absorbant than microfibre so better for nights / when the nappy is going to be on for a while

x

oh i should add that they are extremely quick drying, mine are pretty much dry as soon as they come out of the washing machine, just need half an hour on each side on the radiator, the inserts take longer to dry, especially the bamboo cos they cant go on the radiator, thats why i mainly use microfibre cos that can go on the radiator and takes about an hour to dry

x

www.usenappies.co.uk is just like ebay but it's only for second hand nappies. i've just bought a nappy from there and it was all very easy.

ebay won't let anybody sell used nappies (they seem to think it's dirty or something) so you can only get new ones on there, though some of them are still cheap.

you can also try gumtree and see if there are any being sold near you.

and then there are forums like this one. there are lots of people buying and selling on here!

k, i need to read more im still getting myself confused on the kinds/materials etc. i need to re-read this all SLOWLY, lol. im on that website but its not working when i try to register, keeps saying pin and confirm pin must match, but theres only one bit to put in the pin theres nothing to confirm it? so confused :wacko:

Yea i had a problem with it too claire i was trying to do it this morning :shrug:

its weird eh.. like u have to fill another part out but its not showing? which is annoying because i saw some blueberry's i would of bought!!

ive been having problems with it for weeks, it told me i couldnt log in cos my username / password was wrong so i tried to change them and it wouldnt let me, said the username wasnt registered so i tried to register and it said the username is taken :shrug:

so i have no clue lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->