Few questions on cloth

lol! oh dear, maybe on sunday ill sit andgo onto all the links from here and do a bit more reaserch, i want to start buying soon tho, but not too many because i dont know whats gonna suit her?? is there just plain ones you can get then use a funky wrap over it?? but not a plasticy wrap.. a soft one..

hey hun, ive been doin som eresearch to start using cloth when bubs comes...
there is so many kinds that ive decided to just try the ones that have a special advantage....

for instance.. i got some Bum genius pockets v3 as they are recommend by almost anyone and pockets dry fast + they are BTP!

i got one Bumgenius AIO as they tend to be easier as not to have to stuff (also BTP) though are slower to dry..

I got a Gro baby which has pop in inserts and a reusable outer shell (if it doesnt get pooed on haha) which looks extremely easy to use and good quality too.. (BTP)

I got some Itt bitti's both AIO and the AI2's (pop in ones).. (mainly because of the trim fit and lovely colors!) These are sized though so not very cheap..

I also just got some WHAM (work at home mummy's) nappies.. no brad and mainly pockets.. 2nd hand for a good price and a nice color.. just to see if it makes a difference really..

This way if bubs is here i can try what works for us and stock up on those!!! :)

BTP is Birth To Potty - you only need one nappy and you adjust it as baby grows.

Pop In is a brand of nappy. They are fab for night time, made of bamboo and very absorbant with the night time booster. :D

(pop- in) is also a system of nappies.. like AI2 (all in 2).. which means yuove got an outer shell and pop in a new insert on the top...

:lol: Claire you have to do a course on all the nappy chat :)

Sarah you can educate me, you even have examples you can use and a baby you can use them on!!

Lol, ok, so birth to potty i know but didnt 'get' the abreviations....

AI2.. all in 2... outer and inner.. can you mix and match?!

I think i just like blueberrys they seem simple! i dont get the others!

lol bless ya hunni..i'm currently working on a big explaination af all the different types of nappies and piccies to help explain to people as everyone seems to be having the smae problems with not knowing what is what or what you need etc etc...waych this space, hopefully little bug will sleep well tomorrow and i'll be able to get it all written out :)

Claire i have just ordered like 12 new ones :dohh: When they come you can try them out... :)

12!!!! holy moly. my grans gonna buy some for me when shes born so i need to decide what ones,

Well what do you think of these ones

https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11359.html

They are freakkking gorgegous!!!!! :lol: You'll have to tell me something helpful to get you ok :)

aww theyre really nice, and they dont look plasticy, i dont really like the ones with plastic on the outside cos it will probably irritate her skin, it does to mine for things like breast pads so i like the soft ones!

Yea i know what you mean...i loooove fluffy ones but they are just too cute to resist and they are BTP also :happydance:

the patterns are so nice!! will they take quicker to dry than blueberrys? i think im gonna get some of a few diff kinds instead of just one type

I did love Blueberry but I found after a while they just stopped being absorbent and would leak at the waist very quickly and around the legs sometimes too. I stripped them but it didn't help.

(Stripping is where you wash the nappies and rinse over and over to make sure all the detergent is out, sometimes cloth nappies stop working so well or start to smell bad if there is a build up of detergent)

I keep intending to get some new inserts for them, probably bamboo or microfibre because I love the designs so much.

My Bum Genius have been brilliant. They aren't pretty or fluffy, but they aren't really plastic either, they have a soft waterproof outer layer (PUL is the type of plastic used). BG are almost identical in every other way to Blueberries.

If your heart is set on the Blueberries I really recommend getting alternative inserts for them, but they are so expensive already that having to buy new inserts really ups the cost.

yeah they are expensive, ill try out the bumgenious ones aswell, can u wash them all together??

Yeah you can wash any nappies toegther, I often shove a load of clothes in too, as long as they're not mucky nappies! :)

cool, sounds good. We have a big washing machine which takes a LOT in one go, but we dont put it on unless its full, so that way i can save them all together and put them in with some towels maybe! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->