Few things i made today...

brandonsgirl

Lucky mummy of 2 <3
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a few things i made today.. I've been wanting to make some things for our little lady for a while now but had no idea where to start. Found a mini sewing machine for cheap, so have been experimenting. This is my first attempt at anything lol. 2 burp/dribble cloths, a matching bib and a hat. I know they aren't perfect but i was so pleased i was even able to stitch anything together lmao!

What do you all think? Has anyone else made anything for their kiddos? I'm thinking of making some big alphabet letters so my little boy can make words etc.

Urgh it wont let me upload the photo with the bib.. its matches the tartan cloth.

Attachments

• 2013-10-01 15.01.26.jpg
    2013-10-01 15.01.26.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2013-10-01 13.25.38.jpg
    2013-10-01 13.25.38.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 24
Thanks, finally got the bib to upload :)

Attachments

• 2013-10-02 13.08.07.jpg
    2013-10-02 13.08.07.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 13
Aw how lovely, wish I could but i'm awful with that sort of thing! Love the bib especially xx

I thought i was going to be terrible too! I didn't really know where to start, but i looked online at a couple of tutorials and thought hmm well this could save me some £££ plus i love the idea of my little ones having something home made. So i just gave it a go. They are by no means perfect, but do the job. :)

I wanna make some seat belt covers for their car seats... with DS saying big bro and then baby's saying lil sis :baby:

https://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q734/kirstiedenman/F1F27BAA-9A33-462A-B31A-C2DA1603FF80-1035-000000583CC3FA75_zps32ff56cf.jpg

I made this blanket for my ds one side minky one side shevron it is so gorgeous! Didn't take long either! I am making another one for my older son but in blue and I have some pirate transfers I will sew on. I love making things. I am hoping lo is here before Xmas and I am going to make him an Xmas onesie it will be a white shirtsleeves onesie with red suspended straps and a Christmas themed tie sew on it's going to look sooo cute!! Are you making anything else brandonsgirl?

Aww how adorable! Good job!
My next couple of projects are:

Fabric ABC's/ door hanging organizer where LO can stick the ABC in order or make words on the back whilst conveniently being able to store things on the other side.

Personalized car seat belt shoulder pads.

Car seat canopy for baby.

I'm excited to get started on it all, will keep me busy for sure! :)

Can't wait to see photos of your little onesie!

I have been wanting to make a canopy for my car seat is there a website you got your design off? I have no idea where to start.
The abc door hanging organiser sounds fantastic! It's so rewarding making things isn't it I dunno it feels so close to your heart!
My husband was so upset when I made lo the blanket and not our older son he said I was leaving him out lol that is why I am doing his blanket but it will be nice to have both the boys with mummy made blankets :)

Aww i know what you mean! What ever i make for this LO i feel like i should match it for my son. But he has sooo many blankets and hats and doesn't need burp cloths lmao. But that's why i want to make the matching car seat shoulder pads. So he has something and so does baby. Plus the ABC door hanger will be for him too until LO is old enough.

I searched the internet for AGES looking for the best tutorial for a car seat canopy. So i will share with you all the 'top picks' that i found. My fave are the first and last. But i'm going to change it up a bit and take bits from each tutorial to make it my own. I actually went and got some of the materials today for it, then going to hit the market tomorrow for some nice embellishments :)

https://www.make-it-do.com/tag/car-seat-canopy-pattern/

https://www.fleecefun.com/baby-car-seat-canopy-tent-cover-how-to.html

https://joyfullydomestic.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/car-seat-canopy-car-seat-cover-car-seat.html

https://thegrantlife.com/easy-car-seat-canopy-tutorial/

Thank you so much they are great!!! Ooo I can't wait to get back to my home town in 2 weeks and get some material and start making one now! I really like the one that opens in the middle for easy looking access :) I think I will also be making matching car seat straps for both the boys I hope I can find some material with elephants on it either that or just Safari themed I think.

I see you are having a girl this time congrats! What theme are you doing for the material?

Wow you ladies really are talented! They are gorgeous :cloud9: xx

You're welcome :) And yes! Thank you :cloud9: I'm so excited to be able to experience a baby girl too.

I don't really have a particular theme at the moment. All the materials i seen online weren't pretty or dainty enough for a baby girl. So i went and got plain black and then bright pink to make the embellishments myself with bright pink toweling for the inside. THEN i saw some really pretty material today that i picked up today. So i'm in two minds about what i will use for the car seat canopy. I think i might still use the black material for the canopy and then the other materials with all the patterning etc i will use for other things. Like blankets, diaper/dummy pouches, etc

Love all the makes so far! I'm waiting till after my 1st scan to find out if everything is ok then I'm gonna start knitting and sewing up a storm. Spring baby so I want to knit a couple of little cardies and I'm hoping to make all the soft furnishings for the nursery as well as a ring sling and nappy bag.

I love having lots of projects on the go!

Its so exciting when you know what you're having because then you can add personal touches. :)

Just thought i would pop back and share with you all what I have been working on recently.

So i completed the ABC's i wanted to make for LO.. The insides of the letters with holes in took forever! I should have used felt to do them.

I also made baby a car seat cover/blanket.

Attachments

• 2013-10-12 11.14.16.jpg
    2013-10-12 11.14.16.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2013-10-16 11.48.42.jpg
    2013-10-16 11.48.42.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-10-16 11.49.01.jpg
    2013-10-16 11.49.01.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-10-19 18.01.08.jpg
    2013-10-19 18.01.08.jpg