FF does not make me a bad mother! *RANT*

Divabell

Reaction score
AAGGHHRR!!! :wacko:

Im sick of this! ive just been reading a totally unrelated thread about smoking while pregnant and one lady commented "Its child abuse, just like smacking and formula feeding" :growlmad::growlmad:

CHILD ABUSE?!?! Really?? :shrug::nope:

Im sick of being judged and seen as a bad mother, and im sick of feeling like I have to justify myself and my reasons!

I have 4 very healthly and very loved boys, all of whom have been FF. What makes them any worst off than any other children?! You cant sit in their school playground going "oh you can tell that child wasnt breastfeed" :dohh:

Ahhh, sorry about that, rant over.:blush:

You don't have to justify yourself. Call me crazy, but I would think child abuse would be NOT feeding your baby. :wacko:
Those of us FF for our own reasons, and it's nobody's business but our own. We are feeding our babies, they are healthy and happy, and that is all that matters. :hugs:

Poor baby-the one being raised by whoever said that. Pure ignorance and stupidity.

Some people need to grow up. Not everybody WANTS to breastfeed! Some people CANT breastfeed. And some CHOOSE not to for other reasons! It is not abuse and should NEVER be said that it is.

Stupid moo! :grr:

AAGGHHRR!!! :wacko:

Im sick of this! ive just been reading a totally unrelated thread about smoking while pregnant and one lady commented "Its child abuse, just like smacking and formula feeding" :growlmad::growlmad:

CHILD ABUSE?!?! Really?? :shrug::nope:

Im sick of being judged and seen as a bad mother, and im sick of feeling like I have to justify myself and my reasons!

I have 4 very healthly and very loved boys, all of whom have been FF. What makes them any worst off than any other children?! You cant sit in their school playground going "oh you can tell that child wasnt breastfeed" :dohh:

Ahhh, sorry about that, rant over.:blush:

Clearly the person you have quoted to say FF is a form of child abuse is very ignorant and narrow minded. Just ignore it, the stupidity of some people astounds me at times :hugs: x

well call social services on me then!!! lol

what a ignorant comment!

I've formula fed both my boys and one is now a very healthy very happy very noisy 2 year old lol no different from a formula fed baby. Maybe i shouldnt have fed him at all then?

what. the.hell

How can FF even be associated with smoking while pregnant.

Moron.

Formula is not bad for a baby, it may not be as complex as breast milk but it contains all little bubs need to grow, thrive and be healthy.

Even body builders drink the stuff cause of all the vitamins and minerals etc in formula!!

whoever said that needs bringing down a peg or two.

seriously if formula was no good fo our babies they wouldnt have invented it!!
why is that so hard for people to understand.

:dohh:

<3

Just because "breast is best" its not always best for the baby or the mother.
Formula is not in any way harmful to a baby!
Silly woman! :dohh:

no one person is ever banned/kicked off for just one comment on any subject (warnings are given etc. before any action is taken).

Next time you see a post like that report it so we can take a look at it :flower:

I think we should feel sorry for someone who would make a comment like that. You've got to be pretty messed up in the head. Always best to ignore people like that. And once your baby is older, no one cares how they were fed anyway. Eventually you realise, looking at all the perfectly healthy FF kids (and my perfectly healthy FF hubby and other adults) that whilst it may not as good as breast milk, formula is fabulous stuff that allows babies to grow, thrive, and become perfectly healthy adults without breast milk. It really is great stuff. More praise for formula I say!

Do not let anyone make you feel bad for any decision you make about your baby. Your a mummy and you know best :flower:

Where would some of us be without formula?

God forbid if any of the people that knock it would ever need to use it or their baby would starve. They would eat their words then!

i thought for a while about whether to post, i breastfeed but sort of stumbled across this thread - and i'm appalled. The comment and person who made the comment are clearly extremely ignorant or purposely out to get a rise out of people. Either way, please don't think that's what all bf ladies think, far from it. You're feeding your child, and no-one should ever be insulted for that, it's just crazy. Child abuse? Spare me. Don't even justify it with a response. (hope you don't mind me putting in my 2 pennies worth :hugs:)

i thought for a while about whether to post, i breastfeed but sort of stumbled across this thread - and i'm appalled. The comment and person who made the comment are clearly extremely ignorant or purposely out to get a rise out of people. Either way, please don't think that's what all bf ladies think, far from it. You're feeding your child, and no-one should ever be insulted for that, it's just crazy. Child abuse? Spare me. Don't even justify it with a response. (hope you don't mind me putting in my 2 pennies worth :hugs:)

I dont mind at all! in fact im sure we all welcome the opinion of other mothers who bf. :thumbup:

I know the comment was the extreme but some people do seem to judge you and think you are doing your child an injustice if you dont bf. :shrug:

Unfortunately there will always be extremists who would rather insult and put down others to make themselves feel more superior rather than promote what they feel is the right "X" (whatever the subject may be)

Believe it or not this exists among extreme babywearers, who consider strollers to be abuse! Because you are not wearing them :shrug: What can you say to such loons except laugh????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->