FF does not make me a bad mother! *RANT*

I agree with sjminimac, sadly you do get some people who just lack common sense. I'm a BF mum and even I'm the scum of the earth in some of these peoples eyes as my LO had formula as a one off without my proper consent in hospital, and my second youngest had to have formula for medical reasons, due to reacting to so many things through my milk, I could never have eliminated them all. Ignore them xx

Unfortunately there will always be extremists who would rather insult and put down others to make themselves feel more superior rather than promote what they feel is the right "X" (whatever the subject may be)

Believe it or not this exists among extreme babywearers, who consider strollers to be abuse! Because you are not wearing them :shrug: What can you say to such loons except laugh????

Lol come across mad babywearing extremists myself, there are those who say your Childs feet should never touch the floor before a certain age, and it's totally wrong to ever leave your LO with anyone else. Sorry OT but you gave a really good example there. My youngest doesn't even like being 'worn', but he loves his stroller...

i thought for a while about whether to post, i breastfeed but sort of stumbled across this thread - and i'm appalled. The comment and person who made the comment are clearly extremely ignorant or purposely out to get a rise out of people. Either way, please don't think that's what all bf ladies think, far from it. You're feeding your child, and no-one should ever be insulted for that, it's just crazy. Child abuse? Spare me. Don't even justify it with a response. (hope you don't mind me putting in my 2 pennies worth :hugs:)
+1

I'm a huge fan of breastfeeding, but to say that to FF is abuse is ludicrous. Actually I think it annoys me even more because I bf, it makes us all look crazy! :dohh: I'll do what's best for my kid and you do what's best for yours!

My own FF anecdote: my older brother was FF and he is now an engineer and one of the smartest people I know. It didn't hurt him a bit!

Dont forget that alot of us did breast feed at one time too!! x There are all sorts of reasons why a mother may have to quit.

And if she decides not to from the word go then thats her choice. Doesnt mean she is any lesser than a BF mum!

Hahaha, she's probably one of those mad old bats who'll still be bfing her child at the school gates (now that's child abuse!).

I bf but only because i'm a bit lazy and making up bottles is a pain in the bum :haha:. Trying to switch now as i think my LO will benefit more from formula than my milk (if I can just get the little mummy's boy to take a bottle!)

Ignore stupid comments, i'm sure some people write stuff just to get a reaction to liven up their dull lives x

i thought for a while about whether to post, i breastfeed but sort of stumbled across this thread - and i'm appalled. The comment and person who made the comment are clearly extremely ignorant or purposely out to get a rise out of people. Either way, please don't think that's what all bf ladies think, far from it. You're feeding your child, and no-one should ever be insulted for that, it's just crazy. Child abuse? Spare me. Don't even justify it with a response. (hope you don't mind me putting in my 2 pennies worth :hugs:)
+1

I'm a huge fan of breastfeeding, but to say that to FF is abuse is ludicrous. Actually I think it annoys me even more because I bf, it makes us all look crazy! :dohh: I'll do what's best for my kid and you do what's best for yours!

My own FF anecdote: my older brother was FF and he is now an engineer and one of the smartest people I know. It didn't hurt him a bit!

:thumbup:

My 25 yrs old brother is the same :) He's the only one who was FF among us, he never had weight issues unlike us who were exclusively BF, he's the smartest among us, a successful very smart young engineer who already have his own business.

I think it's very narrow minded to link future health & success to the very early years of feeding (FF vs BF), it's done for a very short period or their lives. As long as the mother is feeding her baby it doesnt really make a difference if it's BFing or FFing.

I have a very smart, healthy FF toddler & he's doing great. I couldnt BF as I didnt have any milk, I moved on & did what's best for my LO. xx

So I abused one of my children then?? hmmm some people are nuts :dohh:

I get comments like that (not those exact words) all the time and it makes me feel terrible sometimes as I tried to breast feed and it wasn't working for me or my LO.

Even Boots (the shop) made me feel bad about FF. I went to buy some baby items from there, one being a tub of cow and gate formula and I remembered I had loads of advantage card points to use, so I thought, great I'll use them and get these for 'free'. I got to the till and said I'd like to use my points to pay for these and she said you can't use them for formula as Boots policy is to promote breast feeding not FF. I was so shocked at Boots policy especially when women have to formula feed for many different reasons, including medical ones (that they cannot possibly be aware of), and they are still selling formula and making loads of money of formula feeds - that don't promote their policy - bunch of money grabbing hypocrites!

I hate it when people judge others' actions, but especially when they don't know reasons for people's actions.

sorry i hate comments like that as it makes all us bf'ing look like extremist nutjobs :wacko: I hope you reported the post, that's not on at all. What a ridiculous thing to say. I dont know what kind of life the poster has had but if she had any idea of what child abuse actually entailed she would see her post was the worst kind of stupid nonsense. Sorry you had to read that but please don't think that the majority who bf think like that! Argh!

Actually was it in a pregnancy forum? If so does this person even have a baby yet ??? In which case I wonder whether she would end up having to FF herself? Wonder if she would report herself to social services then :wacko:

I hate people who are that narrow minded. I think comparing smacking and FFing to child abuse is actually an insult to anyone who has ever been affected by child abuse. How on earth can FFing be comparable to throwing a child down the stairs, punching them and all the other disgusting things that some sick people do to their kids? Not feeding them altogether would be child abuse. God, some people piss me off

I get comments like that (not those exact words) all the time and it makes me feel terrible sometimes as I tried to breast feed and it wasn't working for me or my LO.

Even Boots (the shop) made me feel bad about FF. I went to buy some baby items from there, one being a tub of cow and gate formula and I remembered I had loads of advantage card points to use, so I thought, great I'll use them and get these for 'free'. I got to the till and said I'd like to use my points to pay for these and she said you can't use them for formula as Boots policy is to promote breast feeding not FF. I was so shocked at Boots policy especially when women have to formula feed for many different reasons, including medical ones (that they cannot possibly be aware of), and they are still selling formula and making loads of money of formula feeds - that don't promote their policy - bunch of money grabbing hypocrites!

I hate it when people judge others' actions, but especially when they don't know reasons for people's actions.

Actually its not Boots fault it is government guidelines that we are not allowed to benefit from buying formula so your not allowed money off and your not allowed to get advantage points or clubcard points on it either.

Actually its not Boots fault it is government guidelines that we are not allowed to benefit from buying formula so your not allowed money off and your not allowed to get advantage points or clubcard points on it either.

Oh I didn't know that! Thanks for putting me right - I won't think so badly of Boots now :)

No problem its along the same lines as 'no promoting/advertising formula feeding'

Yes I am disgusted by that comment. I was abused when I was young, how dare anyone compare giving formula to a child getting punched in the head (which is what happened to me and I'm sure many here have been through worse). Disgusting.

This is ridiculous! How could someone compare the two?! Like what some people have already said, people have there own reasons why they choose to FF. What if they cant BF are they just supposed to let there baby starve!? It's ludicrous!

Ignore them!

:hugs:

I ff because of the medication I'm on. If I were to breastfeed THAT would be child abuse.

Hahaha, she's probably one of those mad old bats who'll still be bfing her child at the school gates (now that's child abuse!)

Why does "bitty" spring to mind???? :rofl:

(For those who might think I've gone mad, there is a Little Britain sketch where David Walliams plays a grown up man in his 40's who is still breastfed and when he wants the boob cries out "bitty")

Hahaha, she's probably one of those mad old bats who'll still be bfing her child at the school gates (now that's child abuse!)

Why does "bitty" spring to mind???? :rofl:

(For those who might think I've gone mad, there is a Little Britain sketch where David Walliams plays a grown up man in his 40's who is still breastfed and when he wants the boob cries out "bitty")
That's extremely offensive to bf mothers :nope: not in the same league as what she said i know but plenty of mothers already get grief for wanting to breastfeed beyond the age of one (myself included) and have come on to this thread to refute the horrible comment :(

Oh brother. :roll: Whoever said that comment clearly needs emergency treatment to remove her head from her arse!

Agree with sjminimac while I wouldn't personally want to BF until school age, there is nothing wrong with doing so, and I personally want to try to get to 2 years because there are medical and nutritional benefits in prolonged BF especially as my LO has cows milk protein allergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->