FF does not make me a bad mother! *RANT*

Hahaha, she's probably one of those mad old bats who'll still be bfing her child at the school gates (now that's child abuse!)

Why does "bitty" spring to mind???? :rofl:

(For those who might think I've gone mad, there is a Little Britain sketch where David Walliams plays a grown up man in his 40's who is still breastfed and when he wants the boob cries out "bitty")
That's extremely offensive to bf mothers :nope: not in the same league as what she said i know but plenty of mothers already get grief for wanting to breastfeed beyond the age of one (myself included) and have come on to this thread to refute the horrible comment :(

Aw I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offence hun - it was extremely thoughtless of me. I have said before how much respect I have for ladies who breastfeed and I personally don't see anything wrong in continuing after the age of 1. It's between the mother and child to decide when is the best time to stop.

I really am sorry ladies. I sometimes just don't think before I "open my mouth" as it were. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the post. Oh I hate upsetting people :(

I really am sorry ladies. I sometimes just don't think before I "open my mouth" as it were. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the post. Oh I hate upsetting people :(

Dont worry i do the same thing sometimes :hugs:

AAGGHHRR!!! :wacko:

Im sick of this! ive just been reading a totally unrelated thread about smoking while pregnant and one lady commented "Its child abuse, just like smacking and formula feeding" :growlmad::growlmad:

CHILD ABUSE?!?! Really?? :shrug::nope:

Im sick of being judged and seen as a bad mother, and im sick of feeling like I have to justify myself and my reasons!

I have 4 very healthly and very loved boys, all of whom have been FF. What makes them any worst off than any other children?! You cant sit in their school playground going "oh you can tell that child wasnt breastfeed" :dohh:

Ahhh, sorry about that, rant over.:blush:

If that comment was made on B&B you need to report it (there's a report button on each post).

Then try to ignore the person that made it.

Sorry you have been made to feel like this. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hahaha, she's probably one of those mad old bats who'll still be bfing her child at the school gates (now that's child abuse!)

(For those who might think I've gone mad, there is a Little Britain sketch where David Walliams plays a grown up man in his 40's who is still breastfed and when he wants the boob cries out "bitty")
That's extremely offensive to bf mothers :nope: not in the same league as what she said i know but plenty of mothers already get grief for wanting to breastfeed beyond the age of one (myself included) and have come on to this thread to refute the horrible comment :(

Aw I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offence hun - it was extremely thoughtless of me. I have said before how much respect I have for ladies who breastfeed and I personally don't see anything wrong in continuing after the age of 1. It's between the mother and child to decide when is the best time to stop.
Thanks hun, appreciate that :hugs: xx

Hey we all do it! You were reacting to an offensive comment that really upset you. We've all typed before we've thought before now :hugs:

I tried to breastfeed - my milk didn't really come in (maybe due to bp meds) and baby had problems latching on... in the end the choice was taken away from me as my existing bp meds weren't holding my blood pressure and they now put me on another tablet (so now on 5 a day) and its very strong and I can't breastfeed now. I was devistated at first.

BUT my little one is growing well - she is happy and enjoys her bottle (when we tried to bf she got cranky and frustrated at being starving and not being able to get the milk).

I don't think FF is child abuse - ridiculous comment and very ignorant.

I must have missed that comment, I honestly can't believe someone would say that!!

I really wanted to BF but couldn't and I was made to feel like I had to justify myself everytime health professionals asked how I was feeding Lucy. I'm totally pro breastfeeding and personally think everyone should try it or at least make a fully informed decision if they decide not to however I think it's totally unacceptable once that decision has been made to make mums feel bad about it.

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to offend. By school age I meant 5/6 (not 1/2 that's still a baby) but even so I understand that some people BF for a lot longer. I don't actually think that's child abuse, just a flippant comment made to make the OP feel better. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else for that matter x

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to offend. By school age I meant 5/6 (not 1/2 that's still a baby) but even so I understand that some people BF for a lot longer. I don't actually think that's child abuse, just a flippant comment made to make the OP feel better. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else for that matter x
Ah i was just being dramatic, please don't feel bad. I'm sorry if i made you feel awkward, it just seemed to be coming from all sides as i said to pp. :flower: xx

I would have loved to BF Madison but I was unable to. The first formula she was on was not doing her much good so I talked to her pediatrician and we found the best one for Madison and she is now starting to gain weight.

AAGGHHRR!!! :wacko:

Im sick of this! ive just been reading a totally unrelated thread about smoking while pregnant and one lady commented "Its child abuse, just like smacking and formula feeding" :growlmad::growlmad:

CHILD ABUSE?!?! Really?? :shrug::nope:

Im sick of being judged and seen as a bad mother, and im sick of feeling like I have to justify myself and my reasons!

I have 4 very healthly and very loved boys, all of whom have been FF. What makes them any worst off than any other children?! You cant sit in their school playground going "oh you can tell that child wasnt breastfeed" :dohh:

Ahhh, sorry about that, rant over.:blush:

i get this constantly!! i formula feed my LO and have always planned on this! he's not abused, get's everything he needs and is perfectly healthy!! i was formula fed too, and i turned out just fine :haha: whoever made this comment needs to get their head out their own backside! urgh, pure arrogance!

i seriously wanna read this thread where the comment was made...... :)

It was probably that thread with George35 or whatever their name was that was banned.

I have just checked and the person that said it is now inactive.

I am with you 100%. This is my 4th FF baby and while I have experienced the "encouragement" of professionals in the past to try and BF, I have NEVER experienced such hostile people of all sorts like I have with this baby!! I'm tired of it. I don't feel guilty, I feel completely fed up.

But the breaking point for me was last Thursday. I have had severe headaches for almost 2 weeks now. I decided to go in to see the Dr. My normal care provider was not available so I agreed to see another. He was actually a physicians assistant. When we sat down and starting talking about my headaches, he was very attentive and pleasant. And then he mentioned different meds but said "because you are BF, our options are very limited". When did I say I was BF???? Once he learned that my baby was in fact FF, he treated me like complete crap. He basically brushed me off. But the worst part was when he asked me to sit up on the table to check my throat and such....he came right out and asked me "why would you ever not BF?" Yes, seriously.

Enough is enough. I admire BFing moms but it's just not for me. It's a personal choice. One that I am comfortable with. So is my husband and so is my pediatrician. My baby is happy and VERY content. She nor I am any different than any other mom or BF baby.

I have just checked and the person that said it is now inactive.

:thumbup: Thankfully. The comments were so rude and judgemental

Whatever a mothers reasons for not even wanting to BF are, are valid imo. :flower: Its no ones right to say otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->