FF does not make me a bad mother! *RANT*

I am with you 100%. This is my 4th FF baby and while I have experienced the "encouragement" of professionals in the past to try and BF, I have NEVER experienced such hostile people of all sorts like I have with this baby!! I'm tired of it. I don't feel guilty, I feel completely fed up.

But the breaking point for me was last Thursday. I have had severe headaches for almost 2 weeks now. I decided to go in to see the Dr. My normal care provider was not available so I agreed to see another. He was actually a physicians assistant. When we sat down and starting talking about my headaches, he was very attentive and pleasant. And then he mentioned different meds but said "because you are BF, our options are very limited". When did I say I was BF???? Once he learned that my baby was in fact FF, he treated me like complete crap. He basically brushed me off. But the worst part was when he asked me to sit up on the table to check my throat and such....he came right out and asked me "why would you ever not BF?" Yes, seriously.

Enough is enough. I admire BFing moms but it's just not for me. It's a personal choice. One that I am comfortable with. So is my husband and so is my pediatrician. My baby is happy and VERY content. She nor I am any different than any other mom or BF baby.

Thats like my old Dr who I don't see anymore, he told me it was my fault my son had thrush in his mouth because I used dummies and bottle fed. :growlmad:

I hate people that think they are more superior because they BF, I did it for 3 weeks and had to stop. And I will be FF my next baby thats for sure.

^ Haha my LO and i got thrush pretty bad from BF, you just cant win!!

Hey does anyone have a link to some formula feeding blinkies??? x

^^There's a bunch on this site:

https://www.bianchiblinkies.com/BabyFeeding.html

And I found this one too:

https://www.*****************/blinkies/baby11.gif

I think someone has an album with a bunch of blinkies too... I *think* it was WW1. She posted in this forum, if you do a search I'm sure it'd come up :)

i get that all the time i just calmly remind people that i did try breastfeed and my little one was happier with the formula, his decision not mine :)

I have formula fed Vinnie from the very beginning, he was a big boy at birth 9lb 10oz and have continued to gain weight steadily he is on the 75th centile, he is a happy smily little boy who is very advanced for his age, i dont think for one second my choice to FF and not BF has caused him any harm or done any damage to him.

I am very open minded and although BF has never been for me i would never ever feel it was my place to critisize anybody's choice of parenting, what works for me will not work for everybody

Parenting is one big learning curve and as long as your baby is healthy just ignore small minded comments like that

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hate when the extreme bfers give us all a bad name. I'm a strong advocate of BFing and I do wish our stats were higher. Not because I think formula is bad, but because it's such a lovely thing to do and despite initial problems, usually ends up being so much less hassle for mum. But I also understand that some can't do it and should never feel bad about their choice.

I just wish they would get the balance right. Many who want to BF get no help, poor advice and panicky midwives who immediately recommend formula if their baby drops below some magic, arbitrary weight. Then there are those who don't want to BF who feel pressured into doing it.

Maybe there should be a pairing up system, the militant BFing professionals should be paired with those who really want to try and vice versa:haha:

Actually its not Boots fault it is government guidelines that we are not allowed to benefit from buying formula so your not allowed money off and your not allowed to get advantage points or clubcard points on it either.

This is really only half true. It is actually Boot's interpretation of the legislation. Nowhere does it say you can't allow people to benefit from loyalty programs when buying Formula. They (and most others) have been over zealous in their interpretation. I can understand them not doing points promotions, but to stop you using points to buy it is a step too far. After all, if you had a gift voucher surely you could use that, what's the difference? Come to think of it, can you not exchange points for gift vouchers? Maybe that's a way round it?

I agree the whole situation is bonkers. There is very little real support to allow you to BF but when you use formula you are often condemned. The problem is, we have promotion without adequate support in this country. So it's drummed into you you must BF, baby will get ill etc but when you have problems it's like, oh well just give formula. So you do, feel guilty and are then made to feel bad for doing it. Meanwhile if you manage to BF you get people going oh, BM not enough, why don't you give formula then they'll sleep though etc etc. It's insane.
There are militants on both sides I think who damage the cause. I think the empathsis needs to move from trying to pressurize everyone into BF'ing even if they don't want to, to a massive improvement in the levels of support for people who DO want to BF to enable them to succeed. I agree the current system is very wrong indeed and it's breeding a lot of resentment and I worry this will actually damage the cause of BF'ing even further.

i love this blinkie

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=Formulanoratpoisonp.gif

whoever said the child abuse line wants to bloody do one... dont think its gone down well full stop!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->