Figuring out how baby is positioned?

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
Does anyone have tricks for figuring out how your baby is positioned?

Mine was breech, which I only know from ultrasounds. But I was feeling mostly jabbing feelings down low, so that would have made sense.

But I think since about week 26, she is transverse, but I don't know how to tell for sure. When she moves, my belly constantly moves from side to side. Occasionally, I do feel some sort of jab down low. But I don't see how she could possibly be breech and my belly moving from side to side. It's either my belly basically shaking from side to side like it's dancing on it's own. Or my belly movies in waves from the left to the right and vise versa. I think I feel a foot in my hip.

Anyway, any tricks for feeling baby from the outside or feeling movements to figure out position? I just find it so hard to tell what's what.

I've been trying to figure out this recently too, I did some searching online and there's a thing called belly mapping. I sort of think I've figured it out, I think I forget that the baby is flexible and can get into all sorts of positions! Here's the website if you fancy a look https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

I could tell by where the kicks were the head used to be at the opposite end and also just feeling my bump. I could feel that her head was in my pelvis and also the pressure. I think it gets easier the further you get a long. But of course you can't always be 100 per cent sure unless you get scanned xx

I was always really good at finding babies positron. But mostly from week 32 and onwards.

My baby sits mostly between left occiput lateral and left occiput anterior.

There is always a bum under my left ribs, kicks under my right ribs. A hard smooth back down my left side where as nothing down my right and little punches near babies face kind of it the centre near my pubic line.

I usually confirm my guesses at my check ups

I can also feel babies head in my pelvis with my index fingers like the doctors do. So if you're worried about baby being transverse ask the doc to show you how to feel for the head

Spinning babies belly mapping is a good resource.

I've heard the rule of thumb is if you put one hand on either side of your bump then apply a little pressure if one part moves it's the head if there a few independent movements it's bum.

However how true that it I have no idea.

You can see if baby is back to back as you get a big dimple in your belly button (crator like).

My wriggler likes breech and back to back.
Mines hard to gauge as peanut is all arms and legs even the midwife couldn't work it out but as the heartbeat is low to the left they assume baby is on its head at the moment!

I did find the belly mapping helpful! I actually was trying in last night especially when the baby was active. I still can't figure out her position, but I'm going to keep working at it. The belly mapping gave me a better visual.

I'm fairly certain that she is transverse and facing down.

I have 1000 braxton hicks a day from a bit of an irritable uterus, but if i lay flat on my back when i have one my uterus conforms the the shape of the baby. Making it one giant oblong shape, but i can clearly see the back is down my left side and bum is up under my left rib cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->