filling coming away, strong metallic taste in mouth

1982emmac

mummy to two under two
Reaction score
Hi guys

Am 9 weeks pregnant and went out for breakfast earlier, when chewing i realised my filling at the back of my mouth was coming away. I now have an unpleasant metallic taste in my mouth, a lot of the filling still remains intact. I have googled this to see if it is dangerous to my unborn baby until I can get to the dentist next week, however I have not been able to find an answer.

Can any one give me some advice?

No your fine hun- the taste your getting is more likely from your gums and irritated side of the tooth. Your dentist will fix it. They just won't take x-rays as long as you tell then you're pregnant.

Your baby will be fine your dentist might not do a filling though...when I was pg with my son the dentist I was with wouldn't do filling because I was pg...this time round I've had the finishings of a root canal only 6 weeks now and the new dentist say I can have fillings while pg....all depends on your dentist best check with them to be sure lol xxx

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/metallic-taste.aspx

don't forget you get FREE dental treatment now. wahoo! i wouldn't worry about it, it's no more dangerous than the fact that the filling was there in the first place, just cos some has come away won't make it 'leak' the amalgam or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->