Finally got our results back.

winterwonder

Mum to a angel baby
Reaction score
So nearly 12 weeks after losing my little boy, we found out all the results. He was perfect, there was nothing wrong with him at all, nothing wrong with the placenta, my tablets i take for my crohns weren't a problem either, they couldn't tell us why he died.

They said we should look at this positively, as it means, we're unlikely to have any issues when we try again, and that obviously we would get more scans etc when we do get pregnant again.

I don't know what i feel at the moment, my OH was relieved i think, I guess i wanted there to be something wrong, that i could fix, something i could blame, even though i knew it was likely that there wasn't a problem. It just feels so unfair.

I got exactly the same news, and me and hubby both reacted the same as you and yours. He thought it was good they didn't find anything, I wanted know what caused it.

I suppose in a way not having a cause is good, it means we are probably no more at risk of it happening again, although I'm not really finding that comforting at the moment.

I hope you can find a way of coming to terms with your loss, and not having any answers for it.

Hugs xxxx

It was exactly the same for me - nothing wrong anywhere, and no cause. The consultant was also optimistic though that this means there is no reason why it would happen again, and it is very unlikely, so I am comforted by that to some extent.

It's a bit of a double edged sword, really, I know. You want there to be a reason so that they can fix it for next time, but also, it's good to know there is no physical reason why you can't do it again and that it's unlikely to happen again.

I hope you can get some comfort and find peace from these results :hugs:

They could not find the caus for us either. They said it was an accident and chances are
1 in 31,000

No known cause for me either :(

I am so sorry they couldn't give you the answers you wanted xx

I'm sorry you didn't get any answers, we didn't really either, except they *think* it was a twin pregnancy complication. I hope you can find some peace with it and just trust that as there was no reason, there's no reason it should happen again either. xxx

In a way it is so hard when there isn't a reason, Ava's cells never grew so they just said 90% is was chromosomal, I don't know how they know that:cry::cry: Either way i am sorry but I am happy that your healthy and have the go to try again. I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your son:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

It is hard to get used to the idea that having no definite or known cause is actually a good sign for the future. For us the result was inconclusive, with possible cord problems. My thoughts are at least we know a bit more now and my over-active imagination can calm down a bit since certain things have been ruled out. I feel quite relieved after getting our results - like its helped me move on another step in this grieving process. I hope the doctor was helpful and gave you all the information you needed :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->