finally heard from the mw and..

scrummy mummy

Baby number 3 on board x
Reaction score
shes not going to see me until the 5th jan :hissy: i will nearly be 12 weeks i cant wait that long am going to have to have an private early scan i think:baby:....
when did you ladies first see your mw?

x

I saw mine at 10 weeks, but at the time it was booked they thought I was already 12 weeks along but on the scan I was actually only 10. Hope that make sense....

Call her up and tell her you need too see her right away that your having lower back pain.

I interviewed mine at 5 weeks and my first appointment is next week. But I had dr's appointments before transferring to her with a full prenatel exam at 6 weeks.

I don't think I could have waited until 12 weeks for a scan... good luck!

I'm not going to get to see the MW until 12 weeks either (which will be mid-Jan). Useless insensitive NHS. So I'm having a private scan next week since I can't wait until then. xx

I'm not in the UK but I will be seeing mine for the first time at 8 weeks - first appointment to take all my details and such.

Hi there
I am seeing my MW on Monday for my booking in appointment but wont get my scan until Jan 5th either(12 weeks by then) I am so impatient want to know all is well NOW

xx

I got my bookin appointment on the 29th so I will be 9.5 weeks, and my scan on the 1st week of jan so then I will be 10 weeks I can't wait :)

I'm not in the UK but I will be seeing mine for the first time at 8 weeks - first appointment to take all my details and such.

I'm in the US and that's the same for me. Then they will have me come back at 11 weeks to be examined by the doc.

I was 12+5 when i saw my midwife and had the scan a week later some midwifes dont start seeing you till 12 weeks as there isnt much they can do before then

I first saw my midwife on Monday when I was 10 weeks, and I don't have my first scan until 5th Jan when I will be nearly 15 weeks. I'm raging about that, and if it wasn't for the expense of Christmas I would definitely think about a private scan. But I'm just going to have to be patient and wait until January.

I saw my midwife at 10 weeks and i have my scan next week when ill be 13weeks. xx

I was 10 weeks and 3 days when i 1st saw her. I had bleeding before and was checked over at hospital and she still woudnt see me. Al she did was write out my notes and go throught them. Then at 12 weeks i had scan and had blood taken and weight ect.

She also said because its my second she will drop my notes off for ME to fill in - nothing like feeling special is there :nope:

I saw my mw a couple days ago for my first appointment and my first scan is on Jan. 13 when I'll be 11w 6d. I think they only do scans really early if there is a suspicion that something might be wrong like bleeding or bad cramps or previous miscarriage, etc. The purpose of the 12 week scan is to see if there is a risk of down's syndrome or genetic disorders, and they can't tell if these might be present much earlier as the baby is too small. I can understand wanting a scan earlier, but there isn't a medical reason to do one, so they don't automatically do them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->