FINALLY - MUMOF5....My birth story...

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
It all started on 2nd Feb (I was 34weeks and days) at approx 1pm...

I was hoovering my boys room with Evie on my hip and having a bit of a bop and sing along to the radio :blush:, when I felt a surge of water down below. I thought maybe id leaked a bit of wee, so I popped into the loo and when it kept coming I realised that it was my waters. I popped Evie round to MIL house (next door) and phoned my DH, he wanted me to get an ambulance as he was at least 45 mins away and I had had my last son in 35 mins, so he was panicking that I was going to have her on the bathroom floor. I knew that birth wasnt imminent as I wasnt having any contractions, so I called the labour ward and they told me to come in asap to be assessed.

DH arrived home and took me to the hospital, was checked over by the triage midwife, who confirmed waters had gone and I had very mild contractions on the CTG (although I wasnt feeling them). Went onto labour ward at around 5.30pm. The pains started to pick up a bit and I was having 3 contractions in 10 mins. Then by 8pm the contractions had completely stopped :shrug:, but instead of putting me on the syntocinon drip to start them up again they sent me to the maternity ward :cry:.

I was told that Id be induced the following day at 1pm if I hadnt gone into labour myself by then, then the junior doctor did his round and annouced that he was going to give me IV antibiotics and leave me another 24 hours, I was really cross, as I know the risks of being left for so long without any waters at all. When I asked why he felt the need to take the risk he told me that if I was to have labour started with the drip, because id had so many children the contractions could be too strong and could tear my uterus, causing me to need a hysterectomy or worst case scenario - DIE !!:saywhat:, Yes he really did say that to me as bluntly as that! I was so angry and upset. I really should have made a complaint about him, I told the midwife and she said she was not shocked at what he'd said and that she'd had altercations with him before about his treatment of patients.

So after 2 very boring days on the maternity ward the docs do their rounds, this time with their senior consultant (my consultant), and when she turned to the junior doctor and asked (or rather shouted at him) why the hell I was still sitting here almost 48 hours after my waters breaking, he muttered to her aboutr risk of uterine rupture and she glared at him and told him that I should not have been left that long at all, she informed him that I must be first on the list to go down for induction :smug:, when I questioned her about the risk, she told me that it was a very tiny chance of uterine rupture occurring, almost negligable.

:happydance:12pm On the labour ward I had the loveliest midwife ever, Frances. She set the drip up, got me a cup of tea and lunch (energy food for labour). 1pm the drip was started, the pains started and gradually got stronger, by 6.30pm I was in need of gas and air. I had a really sweet junior doctor come in and ask if he could be present at the delivery, I agreed. I couldnt believe labour was taking so long, my last three labours had been 1hr 35mins, 35mins and 1hr 30mins (induced) :wacko:. At last by 7.45pm I was ready to push, and at 7.50pm I delivered my baby girl. No stitches thank goodness. The student doctor got to cut her cord as DH is very squeamish and couldnt even look at it :haha:.

Apparently the reason my labour took so long was because I had no waters for such a long time :growlmad:, she had no lubrication, and she had dry skin like an overdue baby, despite being 3weeks and 3 days early. At least she was delivered safe and well, by a fantastic midwife and a great junior doctor. All in all the actual labour and delivery was fine, and actually quite enjoyable, despite it taking 5 minutes longer than my first labour :wacko:.

DAISY MADELEINE MAY WAS BORN ON 4/2/10 WEIGHING 6LB 9OZ AT 36 WEEKS 4 DAYS GESTATION. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

If you got to the end, thanks for reading, didnt realise it was this long. xx

I can't believe that first junior Dr :grr:

So glad you had an overall good birth though hun and Daisy is just gorgeous :cloud9:

xxx

congratulations sugar! and sorry the junior doc was such a twit. she's beautiful :) x

congrats on your Little sweet Girl, i cant believe that first DR either!

Love Diane xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->