Finally posting my birth story :)

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
Sorry for the errors, I'm typing this on my tablet whilst pumping and sleep deprived :winkwink:

Saturday morning (October 24th) around 8 am I begin to have some contractions, they weren't overly painful but they were consistent. After about 20 minutes or so I began to think this could be it (I was told to come in at the first sign of labor as I have a history of early births and was told I would probably go quickly this time, I was 37 weeks on the dot, in fact we prayed to make it until at least 37 weeks :) ) I told my husband and called my friend to come and get my girls, my husband and girls were getting ready to go to a church activity. My husband commented that "I had my game face on" and so he thought it was it as well, haha. I called the on call midwife and told her what was going on...I won't bash her but she doubted me/questioned me the entire time, from the first time I called her to literally the time my baby was crowing...anyhow she asked me to wait an hour which was against what I was told to do by multiple other midwives I had seen, I agreed as the contractions weren't unbearable but I still thought something was up, I had already showered once I thought this could really be it and had started to put my makeup on, after talking with the mw, I got on my yoga ball and was only on for a couple of minutes and the contractions started getting a lot harder, I used the restroom and had my bloody show, I knew it was time then because I previously only had my bloody show at the hospital with my girls, while I was already in labor. I called the mw back, and left a message that I was heading over to shady grove. The contractions were pretty intense at this point and during the car ride to the hospital. Upon arrival, they put me in triage, when I was finally checked, I was a 5-6. They got me into L&D right around 12, I walked the halls with my husband and close friend and had some good contractions but nothing that seemed unbearable but I still knew I was making progress as every time I went to the restroom, the contractions were more intense and I would lose more show. They had given me an IV as my pulse was high and I was a little dehydrated, after 30 minutes of walking, they wanted to monitor baby, mw came in and told me it was probably going to be a while as " I could talk through my contractions and I seemed fine when she saw me in the hall" I knew otherwise though so I just nodded my head. The minute after she left, I had a pretty intense contraction, I then had another one almost immediately after that was extremely intense and then a pop! My water had broken, mw came in and even doubted my water had broken, the nurse confirmed that yes there was water on the floor- I got on the bed and within just a minute felt the need to push, mw checked and said I was only about an 8 and there was no way I needed to push yet. My body began to take over and I could not help but push, within about 5 minutes of my water breaking, I had my beautiful baby boy on my chest. The mw and nurse and I guess another dr had stepped in could not believe how healthy the cord was, they kept saying look how thick this cord is and I cannot believe it's still pulsing, once they clamped it and I pushed out the placenta about 10 minutes later, they were exclaiming how healthy my placenta was-I had never had that happen in my other births, I attribute it to the high protein, high fat, low carb diet I maintained. My baby boy weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 18 1/2 in long. He is my miracle baby. I give all the glory and honor to God, we prayed a long time for this child but that is another story :) Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 45
Congratulations! Wow! Sounds like a great birth experience!

Sounds like a good experience besides the midwife, lol. Congratulations, he is absolutely gorgeous♡♡

I was looking forward to your birth story!
Sounds like you had quick and amazing birth! And your boy is healthy and handsome!
Hope you settling well at home and you have speedy recovery

Besides the midwife sounding like a complete snob, it sounds like your labor and delivery went quick and amazing. I can't believe she doubted you about your contractions and your water breaking.

Lovely birth story but was slightly annoyed that the midwife doubted your every move :(

He is absolutely gorgeous. Love his little sleep suit :) :)

Congratulations! It really annoys me when midwives dont listen to what the woman is saying. You know your own body much more than they do. I had similar when giving birth to my last daughter.
Your son looks absolutely beautiful too xxx

Congratulations he's gorgeous xx

Congratulations!! Xx well done! Very happy you made it to 37 weeks. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->