Finally turned a potty training corner!

DragonMummy

Reaction score
My little man is 2 years and 8 months and still not potty trained. I don't view it as a problem - he' advanced in other things so I can't expect him to be great at everything!

The problem we had when we first tried him at about 25 months is that he would go dry all day but wouldn't actually use the potty so when we put a nappy on him after his bath he could fill it twice over with stored pee. We decided that this is bound to be bad for his system, storing it up all day, and decided to just totally forget it for a few months.

Anyway today he was all stripped nekkid in the garden playing in the paddling pool when he said to my DH I want a potty. I had brought it down with us just in case as I have had him in pants all day today just to see... and he did a massive wee in his potty!!! We made a massive fuss of him and put a big sticker on his reward chart - we're so proud!!! :happydance:

We've had a second wee! He did have a poo too but didn't quite make it in time. He'll get there though!

Thats fantastic my son is 2 yrs 3 months and has no clue with no nappy he pee,s for england everywhere but when i say what u doin he stops midflow ....HV says he is a lazy boy and to leave it till sept ...i really wanted him done b4 this baby came but thats not happening lol ...good luck xx

@Serena - yeah it's frustrating isn't it? We just let him completely forget it then tried again. This time he seems to want to do it which is fantastic. I am ignoring all the unhelpful people that say "he's not potty trained yet? Mine was potty trained at 10 months!". Because they don't matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->