• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Find out while SO is gone

ProudMary83

Reaction score
So, I have sorta been in the NTNP catagory since Feb when I went off the pill, but he was still pulling out until he came around 100% . . he's a bit nervous about being a daddy.
He's been traveling a lot with his Military job and was gone off and on for the last month. He came home Friday the 13th for just Fri Sat and Sun. Of course having little time together before he left again we DTD everyday! The 13th was CD15 for me. I'm still trying to track when I ovulate, not for sure yet.
So anyway, for the first time since we've been together (8 years) he DID NOT pull out all weekend. So I'm thinking IF I was ovulating there's a good chance I conceived when he was here. I was so happy that he finally came around, I can't even explain it!
My worry is now he is gone until Oct. He will be gone when I find out. Has this ever happened to any of you? I only have email communication. I would think I want to wait until he comes home . . It's going to be hard not to tell anyone if I test positive!

update Mary? Did u test yet? It would be cute to send him a package with balloons in it that said congrats or something! :dust:

Wow a response! Yes actually, I tested 11 DPO and got BFP on both kinds of test! And the Dr confirmed it too! That was 8/23 . . SO called the next day, so I told him the news. We are both excited and nervous. He will be home in about 4 weeks.

Congratulations! That is awesome that you were able to conceive on what sounds like your first attempt(s)! Im not sure if anyone could sympathize with their SO being gone, and maybe thats why no one responded? I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy and I hope your SO is able to come home and share some time with you and your growing baby. :baby:

Congratulations hun thats great news....

omg that is so awesome! well done and congratulations - so cool that it happened for you on your first attempt :) good luck keeping it quiet - what was SO's response?

Well considering he had the "well let just see what happens" attitude before he left....he certaining didn't think it would happen already. So, yeah he was shocked. I think his first words were "Are you serious!?" But with a big smile on his face, I could totally hear it. We both are still trying to wrap our brains around it, but we are happy and excited.

Congratz. That's great news. OH is in the army, luckily I was able to tell him that I was pregnant with our son in person but he was deployed for 5 months whn I was pregnant. It's not perfect, but we managed it. lol

OMG I just started crying when I read your post that you had your BFP!

I don't know why I am so emotional, but here I am, sitting in the living room stalking posts, my DH and kids watching TV, and I am crying I am so happy for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->