Finding a new job and maternity benefits

KerryGold

Leila's Mum & cookin' Pip
Reaction score
So, I found out a week ago that mat benefits where I currently work are rubbish - 6 weeks 100%, then MA. So I decided to think about getting a new job and already have an interview on Monday! I'm pretty happy in my current job, but by moving would get a good pay rise. If I stay, I will get promoted eventually but maybe not if I get a fast bump! We are planning to TTC from July. What would you do if you were me? What are your mat benefits? How can I find out the benefits at places I interview for?!

Is it a big company you're applying to? They might well put their policy in the HR section on their website, or you could do a search?

To be honest, most companies like you to be somewhere for a year by a certain time in your pregnancy, so if you were TTCing from July and fell pg fairly quickly, you're unlikely to get more than SMP anyway. However the additional salary may make things a bit easier...

The 2 jobs i have had in the past 1 for the nhs and 1 for the courts you had to be in them for a year before getting pregnant to get the benefits. So you may need to think about that. Infact most jobs i have heard about its a year 1st. So if you move niow you will only get smp which is 90% wages for 6 weeks and then £123 a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->