Finding it hard, whew!

StaceyPreedy

Reaction score
Im exhausted, now i know why people think i was mad to have two so close together, i have a 17 month old and a 7 week old which i breast feed and im just so worn down today, when my OH went to work today i cried as he left. As soon as he walks back in the door i feel like passing them both over to him and crawling into bed for a cry and some sleep but with our littelest one bf often still i just can't do that and i also don't want to sleep when i haven't seen my oh all day. I barely get to shower, think its been two days now im just running around so much with a line up of bum changes, nap times and food. I need to get some fresh air and have some me time but Robyn doesn't take well to the bottle so i just can't get a night out or even a walk outside the house. Just feel like one frazzled mother, i wouldn't mind so much if i didn't live in pj's all day and could actually look in the mirror and think not yuk what is that hideous thing starring back at me. Just needed to get that off my chest, just would kill for a weekend just me and my oh and some real clothes on after a nice hot bath and a nice meal, god that would be luxury

aw bless you hun i found it hard breast feeding my 1st and i only had the one baby i gave it up at 6 weeks.Now i`m expecting again and like you i will have a 17 month old.I dont think i will breast feed as i know i will be exhorsted.Your doing a great job xx

i know its hard and i cant really offer advice as i havent been there but im sure you will get into a routine soon, its still early days. Just think you can look back when they are playing so nicely together and say ' I done that'
good luck xxx

I think you need a medal!!! Wow! :hugs:

You poor pet, that sounds rough. Could you chuck them both into the buggy and head out for some air? It's not the same as being on your own but it really does make a difference.

Could you have a bath after your toddler has gone to bed, and let your OH just bring the baba into you for a feed if necessary?

Hang in there though, you've been there before with just one so you know it gets easier over time, it won't go on forever.

Awe I'm sorry you are finding it so hard. I have 7th gap between two and that is really hard. Have you got any family that can help you out? Will your baby take a bottle?

You sound like you are doing a brilliant job. Have you spoke to your oh about how hard you are finding it all? Xxx

you're scaring me :( lol! have you not got any family that could help out? maybe take the older one for a few hours? xx

Can your 17 month old amuse themself for a few mins while you have a shower, while your baby naps? Or get in the bath with the older one. Then you might feel better about yourself and going out. Is there any BF support groups in your area, I know the one near me also has toys etc for older children to play with.

Hi i have a 14month old girl and a nearly 4week old boy lol so i know what your going through hun,im ff but he feed every 2hours and can take up to 45mins a feed, i totally get what u mean about not wanting to sleep when oh gets in from work as otherwise u feel like u never get to c them,i cant wait to get out the house either but im just waiting to get a double pram so hopefuuly will be soon, hope things get a bit easier for u soon hun xx

I think it sounds like you are doing a fantastic job!

My friend had a short gap and she said it was very difficult for about 6 weeks and then everything clicked into place (she FF). She attributes feeling better to going out everyday with both of them and she said it defo gets easier as time goes by.

I hope I can do as good a job as you when my LO arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->