• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finding myself here..

Mbelliott427

Reaction score
When we found our we were pregnant in May, I never thought I would find myself here. Even when we were at the first ultrasound and words like "blighted ovum", "empty sac" I still stayed positive, when we finally saw a yok sac (empty) we still stayed positive even with doctors telling me it did not look good.. until Friday when the yok sac was again not only empty but huge and they sad there looked to be break down...so here I am or should I saw here we are...

We have decided to try and do this naturally, so now I wait... my question is how long should I expect to wait if we saw what they said was 'break down'.. I am so nervous mostly because my husband works out of town a few days a week. . What can I expect.. if this was healthy pregnancy I should be 11 weeks, they did not tell me what I was measuring though. I am RH- so I know I will have to go get that shot when it does happen..and I have a bicornate uterus as well

Also are you all planning on going to the same OBGYN when our miracles do happen? Everyone at the office I am at looks at me with sad eyes and I think they think I am crazy for wanting multiple ultrasounds..

I am praying for each one of you

I'm so sorry. By breakdown, do you mean bleeding/passing tissue? I think it really varies. I would ask your doctor how long you should wait before calling the office. Sometimes you need intervention if your body doesn't take care of it naturally. I bled for a couple of weeks, but my hcg levels weren't decreasing fast enough and my doctor wanted me to have a d&c before 12 weeks. I would ask your doctor for a timeline to ease your mind.

As for the bleeding, try not to be scared. It's usually like a heavier period with more cramping. There are some guidelines on the internet for when you should see a doctor, so check those out. I think soaking through 2 or more pads in an hour is too much, for example.

I hope that helps. I know the confusion and not knowing what to expect just adds another layer of stress. Take good care of yourself.

I'm really sorry you are going through this :( I have had a blighted ovum too but with that one I opted for the d&c straight away.

Recently I m/c at 9wks and waited for a natural m/c (I ended up having to go to hospital as I was soaking too many pads and passed out). I had a scan at 7wks and the sac looked ok but was measuring small and the baby was measuring just over 5wks. When I had another scan 10 days later the sac was fuzzy which meant it was probably breaking down. I started bleeding lightly 2 days later and the m/c happened 2 days after that.

Have you had your hcg measured? Mine was still going up but not at the rate to be expected.

It is really hard waiting and not knowing. I hope you have some closure soon. Take care.

Thanks for both of your replies.. by breakdown I mean what I was told they saw on the ultrasound..

Sadly for us we never saw a baby.. we saw a gestational sac then finally a yolk sac which grew into a huge yolk sac but no baby

I had my levels tested once at the first appt.. they were 30000 and 18 pregeston.. the dr said there was no need to anymore and that
"we have given it far enough time and we should at this point see it is not viable"

I know it sounds crazy but I really want this to happen naturally if at all possible.. so I wait and take comfort in this site to know that none of us are alone

Big hugs :hugs:

I'm in the same boat, I was 11 w on Tuesday when the scan confirmed a blighted ovum measuring 7w5d

I have an apt on Tuesday to discuss the miscarriage options. I had a mmc in April last year, I waited 3 weeks but I did not miscarry naturally even after having cytotec at the hospital. I don't dilate I guess, and I ended up with D&C. But the fetus was measuring almost 10w and at that time we saw a hb at 6w5d

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->