Finding out gender at 16 weeks, is it possible?

luci and bump

Proud mummy to Evelyn :)
Reaction score
I have my first scan tomorrow, at 16 weeks 1 day. I stayed team yellow with DD so never wondered about finding out. But I'm desperate to know what this baby is! Is it possible to find out at this stage? I know people usually find out at their 20week scan, but most people have their first scan at 12 weeks, and obviously I'm past that now.
Is it likely they'll be able to tell us tomorrow? I've been desperate to start shopping, so have been pining my hopes on this scan :lol:

Is it nhs or private? I had a private gender scan at 15+6 and it was clearly a baby boy!

Is it nhs or private? I had a private gender scan at 15+6 and it was clearly a baby boy!

It's an NHS scan, it's my dating/booking scan. I should have had it at 12 weeks, but things were a bit complicated and got pushed back a bit. So my first scan is tomorrow, and then my 20 week scan in 4 weeks :cloud9:

You can always ask. Just tell them that you want to know for fun and they might do it. At 16 weeks it should be very obvious!

I had an nhs 16 week scan and I saw straight away it was a girl. They didn't say and I didn't ask but having seen both types of scans on bnb I knew. Told dh after and he didn't have the foggiest!

GL today if you decide to find out!

We had the scan today, and they've changed my dates, from March 5th to Feb 28th, so need to figure out how to change my tickers! She said she couldn't be sure, but she thinks it's a girl.
It wasn't the best scan, she was a bit short with us. And she told us it was £3 a pic, as she was showing us all these cute close ups of the face etc. So we paid for 3, went to collect them, and she's given us 3 identical pictures, which isn't very clear. So bit disappointed about that :( the midwife seemed a bit shocked at the quality, but when she went to get us better pics, the sonographer had left for the day. So she's made a note that we don't have to pay for pictures at our 20 week scan. Fingers crossed we get some better pictures then!!

It's absolutely possible. I paid for a private scan at 16 weeks with my last one, and it was clearly a girl. I think that even if they don't tell you, you could probably watch closely yourself while they're scanning. I was pretty sure I'd seen girl bits before the tech confirmed it.

We had the scan today, and they've changed my dates, from March 5th to Feb 28th, so need to figure out how to change my tickers! She said she couldn't be sure, but she thinks it's a girl.
It wasn't the best scan, she was a bit short with us. And she told us it was £3 a pic, as she was showing us all these cute close ups of the face etc. So we paid for 3, went to collect them, and she's given us 3 identical pictures, which isn't very clear. So bit disappointed about that :( the midwife seemed a bit shocked at the quality, but when she went to get us better pics, the sonographer had left for the day. So she's made a note that we don't have to pay for pictures at our 20 week scan. Fingers crossed we get some better pictures then!!
Sorry. Just saw that you'd updated. That sucks that the sonographer was so short and that you got poor quality pictures. Hopefully you have a better experience next time and are able to get your baby's gender confirmed. :hugs:

This was my potty shot for 16 weeks at a private clinic, it's pretty obvious imo and I feel if there were boy bits there I defo would have seen them throughout the scan.

Sorry to hear that the sonographer was kind of a bitch though. Pleased your midwife stepped in and sorted a free credit for next time though x

Attachments

• BB SC_9_01_01.jpg
    BB SC_9_01_01.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back