Finding out the gender is taking forever!!

briashayy

On baby #2!!
Reaction score
So for fun, I've been taking those gender prediction quizzes. At about 7 weeks, all said boy. 10, half said boy, half said girl. Yesterday, 13+ weeks, all boy. Today a couple girl results. I've also heard the Chinese calendar is rather accurate.

I just wish the tech could've told me something, but since the little one wouldn't stop moving, I know she had a hard time!! Waiting until November seems so incredibly far away, and everyone already refers to it as a little boy. I suppose I just don't want to get used to the idea of a little boy for it to be a little girl. I'd be more than thrilled either way:) I just want healthy!! But the wait is killing me! So many cute baby things!!

Totally get it but the predictors were wrong for me all said girl but one then everyone was telling me they thought girl too come to find out at almost 18 weeks we were having a boy :) glad I bought gender neutral things :)

I've been trying to stay neutral so far, but it seems so hard!! Lol so many cute things for each gender!

Yeah I was trying to convince hubby to let me buy some pink onesies but he refused bought two a week before we found out and took them back the next day after gender reveal LOL felt kinda bad but I'm in love with my boy now wouldn't want it any other way

Thanks Hun time will start to fly 1st tri drags then 2nd seems to fly by so you'll know before long :D

Time dragged so much between my 12 week scan and my 20 week scan lol it's flown over since then though! I kept myself same by buying cute neutral sleepsuits, you could always get a private gender scan if you really can't wait ;) I wish I had :)

I've never heard of people doing private gender scans!! But it may be something to consider if we both are this impatient for long lol

I had a scan at 6+2, 9+2 and 12+4 week then not another until I was 21+4 which is when we found out the gender. It took us 4.5 years to conceive but the 15+4 weeks (we found out we were pregnant at 6+0) between getting my BFP and finding the gender felt like much longer. These last few weeks are taking even longer.

Even with a private gender scan you have to wait a bit longer . At 13 weeks a boy and girl baby will look exactly the same

That's what I was thinking. And while I'm fond of the idea of knowing early, with the significant other working on the oil rigs, as of now we have everything scheduled for when he's home to be there. He'd never forgive me if I went and found out on my own!!

Even with a private gender scan you have to wait a bit longer . At 13 weeks a boy and girl baby will look exactly the same

That's not strictly true, my cousin found out at 11 weeks with her third and 13 weeks with her fourth that they are boys.

A lot depends on the technology and who is doing the scan.

That being said, I couldn't imagine finding out without hubby. It was a wonderful experience.

That's not strictly true, my cousin found out at 11 weeks with her third and 13 weeks with her fourth that they are boys.

That being said, I couldn't imagine finding out without hubby. It was a wonderful experience.

It was just a guess then that happened to be right since you have a 50 50 chance of being right .

Biologically a male and female fetus both have a nearly identical genital ridges or nib until between the 13-14 week when they change to be either male or female depending on which hormone their chromosomes release .

https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r606/quillzmom/8304C7EE-F138-4EE3-ADF8-7735902A31EF-2358-00000422332975D2_zps0d368713.jpg

This is a picture taken inside the womb of a boy and girls genitals at 13 weeks .so saying a ultrasound on a baby the size of a plum can tel the difference between that seems more then a little far fetched

It was just a guess then that happened to be right since you have a 50 50 chance of being right .

Biologically a male and female fetus both have a nearly identical genital ridges or nib until between the 13-14 week when they change to be either male or female depending on which hormone their chromosomes release .

https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r606/quillzmom/8304C7EE-F138-4EE3-ADF8-7735902A31EF-2358-00000422332975D2_zps0d368713.jpg

This is a picture taken inside the womb of a boy and girls genitals at 13 weeks .so saying a ultrasound on a baby the size of a plum can tel the difference between that seems more then a little far fetched

There is new technology that is being used in some of the military camps that enables the technician to determine the gender. It is possible but not widely known about or used at the moment. Partially due to cost. And like you say, they are NEARLY identical. Meaning there is a difference.

I would like to know what this new technology is? Since they are often unable to tell even with stillborn fetuses at 12 weeks that they are liking right at.

An ultrasound is an ultrasound , unless your taking DNA testing it's not possible.

Well I wasn't exactly intending to start a debate with this!! A private scan would be nice later on, but I'd have to make sure that he was home for it :)

I was told at 13 weeks (because I told her that I thought that I was having another girl) "it looks too full for a girl but don't go buying blue"...

3 more weeks to go...

I don't have my gender scan until November 13th. I reeeeeally want to go ahead and know so I can get stuff, but time already seems to be going by quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->