Finding out the sex at the nt scan?

myangel167

Reaction score
I have a friend who said she found out early at the nt scan with both her boys. I had a girl first and found out she was a girl at 15 weeks through a private u/s clinic. (My doctor won't tell you until 20 weeks for liability reasons I think)

I have my nt scan Wednesday (I'll be 13+ 3) which seems too early to tell but my girlfriend insists they can tell that early.

Anyone have experience with this? I didn't have an nt scan with my first baby so I have no idea what to expect

We found out a little after twelve weeks with this little boy. The sonographer said it wasn't 100% but she was 90% confident because his "nub" was angled upward

We just did NT and the tech said hospital policy didn't allow her to tell us prior to 20 weeks. Apparently someone told someone wrong and "freaked out" over it. She tried to sue the hospital for baby expenses for buying the wrong things. :eyeroll: someone ruins the fun for everyone. :p

I had my NT scan at 13+6 and was told it was a boy. She was certain. Had a private gender scan at 16+2 and sure enough, it was a girl... My husband was devistated.

I would take whatever they say with a pinch of salt and wait the extra few weeks to be certain...

Wasn't told but could see boy bits on the NT scan. Had to go on an have a NIFTY test which confirmed boy.

Not at NT scan but sneaky scan at work (work in hospital) tech was sure it was a boy at 12 1/2 weeks. Super early but I believed her just had that feeling. The next week we had harmony test and although i was t keen on finding out really (DS was a surprise) Dh did. Also since we had off screening I felt better it came back boy as it ruled out maternal containmenation only the harmony sample. But it wasn't really obvious until after 14 weeks it was a boy.

This is my 11w 3d boy scan. They were 100% sure. I don't think this is the norm though.
image.jpg

From what I know accuracy is not reliable until 16 weeks so would wait until then before trying to determine.

A friend of mine was told at her NT scan she was 13+6 when she went in and was told girl she went out and bought everything pink asap and lukily for her was a girl but I'm sure its more of a guess at that stage.

Another friend was told boy at 20 weeks and again at 28 weeks she was told boy, she delivered a girl who had all blue things for the first few months, she wasnt mad just joked his bits must have fell of after the 28 week scan :haha:

I found out with my first at 13+5 that he was a boy and happened to find out at 13+5 with this one as well that she is a girl, which has been confirmed. If you get someone experienced with reading early ultrasounds and not just a tech willing to throw any guess out there, it is actually very reliable after 13 weeks.

At my 12 week scan the sonographer had a quick peek and she said it looks like a girl but don't hold my breath. I could not see any sign on a penis. Had a gender scan at 16 weeks, still looks like a girl. Praying it stays that way at the 20 week scan in 4 weeks! With my son it was very obvious early on it was a boy.

I was sure I was having a boy, and at the NT scan at 13+1, the tech said she thought it was a boy and showed us what she said was the angled up nub.

We went to a gender scan at almost 17w, and were told confidently that it was a girl- and it's remained that way through the 20w scan and several other scans over the last few months! (I will say the US pics we have from the gender scan are about as cut and paste as the demo pics you'll see- and this compared to my son is very very different looking, so I'm pretty sure it's going to come out a girl! haha)

We where told by sonographer at 13+4 that he thought we were expecting a boy and he explained and showed us how although both boys and girls can have the same nub etc at that stage it all depends on if they can get a good look from the right angle and he said ours was sticking right up, had boy confirmed 100% at 16 week gender scan and again at the 20 week anatomy scan xx

Boys and girls look very similar at that stage.

With my second I was told it was a girl at the nuchal scan but at 18 weeks it was clear that he was a boy!

This time around, the technician did not comment on the sex at the nuchal scan but I did get a potty shot and it looked like a girl to my inexperienced eyes. I'm 32 weeks now and have been told at every scan since that it's definitely a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->