Finding out the sex

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
So me and my OH have been talking so much recently about our next bub.
We found out the sex with Savannah and everyone knew the name well before she was born. This suited us fine and I was happy about it but we have been talking and next time we aren't finding out the sex nor are we telling people our names.
We have discussed that OH will chose a boys name and i'll chose a girls. I suggested it as I have already picked Sienna or Sierra if it's a girl, lol.

I decided I would like to do it this way next time as my friend did this with her baby (she just had him sun) and it's exciting not knowing the sex. And keeping the names from everyone means its our own little secret.

My only downfall is not having clothes or anything, but we talked about just getting one lot of each sex of nice clothes. I can exchange whatever is not needed and that way we will have one set of coloured clothes. My OH suggested getting my mum to know the sex and giving her money to go shopping but then it's not a secret for everyone, lol.

So when the time comes are you finding out, why or why not? Which number child is it and will you be telling people your names beforehand?

So this is honestly the truth. We are the type of people that cannot stand the suspense, and so will definitely be finding out the sex again. I have a son already and I really loved calling my bump by his name and my husband talking to him. As for the names, if it is a girl, it may take us up to the day she is born to figure out a name, but we already have our boy name LOL Probably will let people know again. :D

I am exactly the same, I will probably change my mind when the time comes, lol. I do love talking to my bump and calling it a he or she, it makes it seem so much more personal than it.
Either way, I don't want to tell anyone our names, I want an us secret.

I had always thought, and OH and I had always said, that we wouldn't find out but the closer it gets to becoming a reality, we have now said that we really want to.

We have also chosen our names but no one other than my Mum knows them - not sure if we will say when we are expecting or whether we will keep that as a surprise.

xxx

We're firmly sticking on team yellow, it really is nice having the surprise. We just bought all our early clothes in neutral colours - white, yellow, beige etc.

i am probably the most impatient person in the world when it comes to that sort of thing! i found out with my son and i knew his name from the day i knew he was a boy and i will do the same when number 2 comes along! but oh is not too kean on finding out he likes suprises!! but i always win when it comes to this sort of thing so i am not worried!

Me n OH have decided that we would both want to know! We (I!!) have already picked out a girl's name, but not a boy's. Im not sure if we'd tell ppl the name. Prob wont tell any pregnant friends in case of name theft!! lol!! Think i'd tell my mum n best friend the name (my friend told me hers even tho she was sworn to secrecy by her OH!!! lol)

I will definitely find out again.
I loved knowing I was having a little girl last time and being able to look at all the girlie clothes and call my bump by her name.
Last time we didnt tell anyone what the name was going to be though,only me and OH know and I think we'll keep it that way again this time xx

Me and OH want to know the sex...but we are keeping our names secret from everyone!!

Hubby and I will firmly stay on team Yellow :)

We're very private people so we want some normalcy in our life with everyone knowing we're expecting. We might have a few names ready but we won't spoil it by telling people either.

We like surprises, and I don't think we'll be caught up in the whole boy or girl thing because we would honestly be equally thrilled either way.

I think neutral colours are nice too!

hey..
i really didnt want 2 find out and only buyin a few clothes then wen the baby is born goin out and buyin more , but the more i fink about it i want to no so if its a girl i want a girly girl lol and if its a boy i want blue clothes lol i want to doo the room up really nice and we can afford get anyfink at 1 time after the baby is born, so i fink its best for us

I think hubby and I will choose to not find out the gender. My personal feelings are that it seems more natural to wait till the baby is born. That, and I love the neutral colors!

Plus, what about getting all excited for a girl and it turns out to be a boy? Are any of you afraid this might happen?

As for the name, I would keep it a secret just so we don't have to hear anyone's opinion about it. My bro and SIL did this and I think it was smart.

We shall not be finding out next time, we found out with kieran and paige.

We told no-one our names with both, with paige mainly because we didn't know the name!!lol
Also because we have one of each it really won't bother us, i always have clothes for both sexes already and i want to experience the surprise element!!

I can't wait for that surprise!! x

We dont want to find out when the time comes i think it add's to the excitment. We will end up with 2 names for each sex so no one will know untill its born. The whole clothes thing dosent bother me because i think new borns should be in baby-grows most of the time for the first few weeks as all they do is sleep and will be more comfy in them than in clothes.

Me personally wouldnt be able to wait and would want to find out, although i wouldnt want anyone else knowing- which will probably be hard-well we wouls not tell anyone their name!
My OH on the other hand would want it to be a surprise!
Dont know what we will do when time comes x

With Joseph we found out the sex, named him and told everyone. Unfortunately a week before he was born someone I knew had their baby and used the name we had chosen so we had to change his name at the last minute. Next time I think we would find out the sex but not tell anyone else x

I am very conflicted on this one. I want it to be a surprise so badly on one hand and on the other hand I am such an impatient person. My fiance wants to find out. I think what we may do is have the technician write it down and seal it in an envelope. Then we'll give the envelope to someone we can trust to only give it to us under a number of conditions. Like, if we have our families together at a special occassion or holiday we may open it together. Just a thought - I'd really like to hold out and not find out.

We didnt find out (i was SOOO convinced i was having a boy :lol: ) It was amazing in the end not knowing... we kept the names a secret too :) Was really fun telling people..
ALso with clothes, people didnt buy things until after she was born.

well i finally caved with maddi and decided i wanted to no at 28weeks! up till then i was adamant that we weren't finding out! james wanted to know but i didn't. we had a few names picked out, but no one really knew, and we decided once she was here. next time we're finding out asap at a private gender scan :rofl: already have our boys names, but such on girls, again :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->