finding out the sex

MrsHart2b

Mummy to Oliver & due 2nd
Reaction score
hey girlies, we have our 20 week scan booked in for 4th feb, so have a while to decided wether were going to find out the sex or not, trouble is, me and my family don't want to kno but oh and his family do, I kno that its not our familys choice but when I mention it my family back me up saying we shouldn't find out, in a nice jokey way! my oh seems to be backing down but he said yest "we won't find out cos I will just never hear the end of it" I feel really sorry for him now and it is like we are bullying him a bit :( ooops so I'm feeling really really guilty but I still don't want to kno, my arguement is that it will ruin my surprise but if he doesn't find out then his wait to find out won't be too bad but I'll be upset I didn't have a surprise! is anyone else in same situ or been in same situ and how did u resolve it? thanks ladies!x :D

Both hubby and I agreed that by the scan if one of us definitely didn't want to know, then we wouldn't ask. By the scan, neither of us wanted to know so neither of us were disappointed!

Hope you resolve it x

You've got to agree on it I think (and don't let family influence you either way). My BIL found out, but his fiancee didn't want to know and by the time she gave birth she was the only one who didn't know what she was having - even though he promised to keep it to himself!!

Good luck

you still have a while to go - both me and OH didnt want to know the sex but then I changed my mind and booked a gender scan for OH's birthday and by the time the scan round OH really wanted to know. I'm sure one day you'll both agree, if not then I'm not sure sorry :hugs: xxx

I knew someone in the same situation. The sonagrapher wrote it on a piece of paper for the Daddy and the Mommy still got her surprise. That way both got what they wanted.

thanks girls, it would be ideal if oh finds and and I don't but I wouldn't be able to wait until it arrived to find out if I knew that oh knew, even tho I don't want to kno, if anybody else finds out then I will want to kno! if that makes sense!? oh why can we just agree!! :D

I think it should def be something you find out together, either at the scan or at the birth. Can you imagine..."oh darling, we have a son/daughter!"..."er, I know...remember!". lol.

We are not finding out, and thankfully we both agree on it. I think if one doesn't want to know, then that should be the way it goes...esp if it's the lady who has to do all the really hard work! Tell him it will help get you through the labour, as you will be desperate to know what you are having. Also, by the time you get to 20 weeks you are halfway through...not too long to wait to find out the hard way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->