Finger foods and jars?

A

AppleBlossom

I want to go and get some finger foods for Grace as I want her to get used to more textures and flavourss because she on jars at the minute. I tried her with pasta but she just mushed it up then dropped it on the floor :dohh: so am gonna try her with some organix stuff, carrot, oven chips etc. I assume that when I give these I still give her her jar at dinner? And also if I give her cheese, what type is best to give and how do I do it? Cubes, slices..?

When I give Ophelia cheese hon I tend to give her thin slices,I tried to give her cubes last week but she mushed it up and chucked it on the floor (maniac child!)
Also my HV said to me if there is no nut allergies in the family I should try giving her thin slices of smooth peanut butter on toast...xx

Hey hun...i usually offer the Organix finger foods, i usually give them my bubs for a snack as they are not at all filling at all...he has his usual meals.

Also i give my LO organic cheddar cheese...and i give it him in a cube shape...i asked my HV about the best type of cheese and she didn't say much, she just told me what i am offering sounds fine xx

I'm just scared of her choking. She chokes on her pureed food sometimes and she's had them since she was 4 months!

I used to be like that especially when i gave my LO toast, i just keep a really close eye on him...i think its normal to feel like that at first...hope it goes well hun xx

Char has rice rusks, zwiebak toast and gerber puffs and yogurt melts. She had an...interesting time feeding herself the puffs and melts for a few days, but now she's got the hang of it! She makes reallllly odd faces when she's eating the yogurt, but she seems to love them. She crunches down on the puffs with her gums and mashes them up, scared me when she put 3 in at once yesterday though...yikes! She is eating the pureed jar food still too.

https://media.gerber.com/nirf/cm2/upload/38BB3914-2F99-46F7-963F-40E2884070DB/crawler_graduates_yogurt_melts.jpg

https://media.gerber.com/nirf/cm2/upload/9AC6B78B-2856-4E88-9C78-B6431DAC4798/crawler_graduates_puffs.jpg

Tom eats cow and gate rice cakes, rusks and carrot sticks from organix. He also loves to chomp on whatever i am eating, peeled grapes, apples and banana. As long as I am eating it too, he is happy.

I still give him mushed up food for dinner, sometimes jars, sometimes homemade, but i try to match it to what we are eating.

He has fruit (whole not puree), yogerts and finger foods for lunch and sometimes cheese. Wenslydale is good as it is soft and crumbly. He loves mature chedder and laughing cow too - but they may be too strong to start with.

as for choking, babies are designed to cope with it. if they retch or look like they are choking, laugh and make silly coughing noises. Dont intervene or stress until they can't cope with it. 9.9/10 they will puke it back up if it really gets stuck.

I think it is a matter of moping up a lot of sick until they are confident and used to it. It took tom about two weeks to get used to lumpy food and finger foods. As soon as I stopped fretting he was fine.

I tend to give Hannah the finger foods as a snack because they aren't as filling. I like using them though so she can learn how to feed herself etc. The info on choking is great Emmea, Hannah choked a bit on her toast earlier and I was wondering if I shouldn't be giving it to her. I'll just keep a close eye on her though as she seems to love it and she does need to learn :)

Oh I always intervene when she chokes. I feel harsh saying this, but should I let her choke? lol then if she doesn't stop help her out?

she wont really be choking - she will be retching which is just because she isnt confident

Char retches occassionally, when she really hates the food flavor we're giving her she'll do it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->