First AF after baby

Phantom710

Momx1, Surrogate #2
Reaction score
I am currently 5weeks 2days PP and had a little bit of pinkish discharge, and slight cramping so I think the :witch: is on her way. :cry: Ten months without it though, guess I can't complain to much.

Was just wondering how all your first AF was in comparison to before baby? I've heard some people get it worse, and some get it better? Also, did you stick to pads the first time, or tampons?

With my first I was 6 week PP when mine started. Started with just a few drops one day and then the next day i had full blown period. It was worse then labor for me. It was 5 days of non stop cramping and heavy heavy bleeding. i stuck to pad because i had a third degree episiotomy and wasnt fully healed yet.

With my second it was 6 weeks PP also. Started with a few drops the fisrt day also then full blown period the next day. It was 5 days long. The first day was bad but after that it was light and no cramping. I stuck to pads this time also because I havent seen my doctor for my Post baby check so i dont want anything going up there until I know its all good to go.

I think its different for everyone. Good luck and I hope its not bad for you.

i had a third degree tear as well, and dont see doc until tuesday. I hope its not worse than pre-baby. I had awful issues. Pads it is for me, I guess :) ty :)

:hugs:

My first after I had my son was awful. I couldn't even get out of bed. I'd NEVER suffered with periods before and thought those that suffered were just overreacting. But no, awful.

I personally would only use pads though, its so soon after LO and I suppose it just made me feel safer IYKWIM?

i have just strted my first period after having grace 8 weeks ago and it is sooooo much more heavier, its horrible,

bummer, hope it's a short one for you.

AFM-- I'm still not bleeding.. but very AF crampy? weird.

Curious as I've had slight pinkish discharge and then today I had a tiny tiny amount of fresh red blood but nothing else! Am 6 weeks pp and just wondering whether body is trying to get back to normal with period but it hasn't happened yet.. just had slight pink discharge on and off for 3 days until that red spotting. Don't think I've got cramping though.

ooo Lu our little boys are very close in age :O

Haha this is true! When was your LO born?

Also forgot to mention when I do finally get my period I'm sticking to towels that won't be too intrusive of "down there", I got very sore wearing pads all the time though :( Tampon for me is a no-no haha, especially since I'm still feeling a bit tender sometimes.

If you've had pink discharge I guess I shouldn't worry? lol I just got freaked out because of the fresh spot of blood! My body seems to be fighting for the period to come back!!

He was born Oct. 13th :)

Hoping I fight it off until Tuesday, and then I'm getting on the minipill... so then I'm hoping I don't get it for awhile.

Ya pads make me a little raw too, but I'm slightly scared of using tampons, I don't even want to brave :sex: yet. hahaha

Did you have a vaginal delivery? I did, complete with a 3rd degree tear.

Aw, 3 days later :D That's cute.

Hope you manage to sort out the minipill. I'm terrified of tampons, I hate the idea of sticking anything in there :nope:

I had a vaginal delivery too with a second degree tear but the amount of problems I've had you wouldn't believe it was, feels so much worse!

oh I know how you feel. I actually needed a transfusion, and ended up having to stay three days in hospital while my body built back all the blood lost. He was to big for me to have so they cut me, and then when they used the forceps it just ripped the rest of the way.

Ouch how big was he? :hugs: Sounds painful! My LO was only 7lb 1oz but he was only 36 weeks amazingly.. would have been much worse at full term!

Hope you recover smoothly and quickly though :)

8lb 14ozs at birth, they induced me a week early as hubby was 10.10 :wacko:

Ah I had to be induced too, such a painful thing it is :( I hope you're recovering well now though!

Oh I know! I wonder if my labor would have gone better if I hadn't been, you know?

Why were you induced, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, am healing fairly well, still a bit tender...and you?

Oh I agree! I had to be induced because my waters broke early at 36 weeks, but it still took them two days to start! I was put on the drip and my contractions came fairly quickly, was intense.

I was starting to feel better but for some reason feel tender again. Seeing doctor tomorrow anyway but have a multitude of other problems now that don't help!

YA I see the doc on Tuesday, want him to have a look and see if my stitchjes are still there or not. Yikes two days?! They won't let you go past 24 hours after ur waters break here. I was at 21, a few more hours and I would have had a c-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->