First AF after implant. Dreadful pain! Anyone else?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I had my implant removed Friday and last night before bed when I went to the toiled wiped fresh red. When I woke this morning AF had arrived. Throughout the day it's got progressively worse and I'm now at the point where I've gone through a tampon within 2 hours and leaked, and am now having to wear a maternity pad and passing clots too. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I only ever had light periods whilst I was on the implant and never had anything like this apart from after giving birth to ds! I'm in so much pain with it too :(

Hi! I had my implant removed a little over a month ago. While I was on it, I was almost constantly spotting but since we are now TTC I had it removed. I've been on some form of BC for almost 10 years, so I don't remember what a normal period feels like, but the first one I had after removal was so incredibly terrible. The cramps had me balled up sobbing, and I typically have a high pain tolerance. Nothing OTC could touch it so I just had to wait it out. Thankfully it only lasted 4 days or so, but I'm seriously hoping I get a bfp before the next one or at the very least the pain isn't so bad. I hope this helps..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->