First AF after miscarriage...Advice please!

leannestacey

Reaction score
Hi last month I had a mmc. For the last few days I have had really bad period type pains. Yesterday I started with a light loss which has continued today. This is far lighter than a normal period and is controlled with panty liners only.

Is this normal for a first AF?

Thanks

Im just having my 1st af since 2 miscarriages in a row and have to say its lighter than my 'normal' periods have ever been .

Hi :wave:

My first af was light, I did pass more tissue also. My 2nd af was heavy at times particulary on 2nd day then light. :-k

My gynae said my cycles will return to norm eventually but from what I have read they can change for good.

my first af was light, then the 2nd one just there was really heavy for 1 day with large clot and then light for the next 2 days or so, can take a few months to get back to normal xx

Hello there, I am so sorry for your loss. Did you have a D&C or was it a natural mc as I have heard that makes a difference.

Not to worry, I hear that AF can be a bit kooky for a while after a mc and I am sure it is normal that it is light. I had a d&c last Friday and can't wait for mine to show up - I've got a while to go yet :(

Good luck to you!! :hugs:

Hi.

I had a natural miscarriage and my first four AFs were much lighter than normal and had erratic bleeding patterns of light to heavyish to spotting with many breaks in between. My AFs also lasted longer than normal--10 days instead of 7. Any clots that I did pass were all old stuff--black, dry and stringy.

I seem to be on my first normal cycle so I'm still waiting to see if my AF returns to its regular flow. I'm almost hoping not as I used to have extremely heavy flows and I hated it.

Sorry for your loss.:hugs:

Hello there, I am so sorry for your loss. Did you have a D&C or was it a natural mc as I have heard that makes a difference.

Not to worry, I hear that AF can be a bit kooky for a while after a mc and I am sure it is normal that it is light. I had a d&c last Friday and can't wait for mine to show up - I've got a while to go yet :(

Good luck to you!! :hugs:

Hi I had medically managed - basically the tablets for a missed miscarriage..its come around quickly for me so hopefully it will for you too x

my first af arrived 2day 7weeks after my missed miscarriage by medical management mine is very light but i did a preg test on tues and there was a faint line so i thought i was pregnant again but was very sad 2day when i saw blood

I have had very light brown spotting over the last 4 days which I'm assuming is AF. It should be due around now I think but my cycles were crazy before I MC anyway and this will be my first AF since it happened. These bodies of ours can be very confusing at times! :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->