First aid box---- whats in yours?

DCS

Reaction score
After DS smacked his head i realise i need a better first aid kit. Iv found a list on the nhs website but dont know if its excessive.
I have a box full of medicine.... paracetamol, calpol, lemsip etc. But im thinking badages, plasters etc
So whats in yours?

Paracetamol
Ibuprofen
Lemsip sachet x1
Nurofen for babies x6
Calpol for babies x6

Plasters of varying sizes and shapes
Bandage
Triangular sling
Tape

Nail clippers
Scissors
Nail file

Ear thermometer & additional sensors for it.

This is in my travel kit like for holidays etc and is made from my medicine cupboard which also has: gripe water, glycerol syrups, more plasters, vitamins, throat medicines etc.

Kids box - Buttercup syrup, Calpol, Piriton syrup, Olbas Oil, electric thermometer.

Adults box - Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, antihistamine tablets (2 types), antihistamine cream, bonjela, germolene gel, savlon gel, Andrews, Ranitidine, Deflatine, Senna, Imodium, Diarolyte. Sometimes have cold medicines, usually in the Winter.

Injury box - Plasters in all sizes, micropore, lint squares, ice packs (that you pop), heat packs (that you pop), scissors, crepe bandages, sling squares, cotton wool, TCP, latex gloves.

BP monitor.

I have a basket in my pantry full of things, I'm a bit obsessed..
Peppa Pig forehead thermometer :lol:
Peppa Pig Plasters :lol:
Normal plasters
Disney Princess thing which I pop in the freezer for 5 mins if ever the kids have a bump
Nurofen
Cold & Flu Capsules
Imodium
Savlon Gel
Ibuprofen Gel
Antihistamines
Bonjela
Calpol
Nurofen for children
Childrens cough mixture

That doesn't include our vitamins that we take and standard paracetamol and my hayfever tablets that I carry in my bag with me.

Plasters
Gauze bandages
Scissors
Tweezers
Alcohol wipes
Tcp
Savlon cream
Arnica gel
Aloe Vera gel
Calpol
Nurofen
Kids ibuprofen
Tea tree oil
Almond oil for earache
Clove oil for toothache
Thermometer
Anti histamine
Travel sickness bracelets and tablets
Dioaralyte
Rennie
Gaviscon

Mines is huge! Sound like a proper hypochondriac :lol:

I sometimes have a few plasters around the house somewhere, and occasionally have a strip of paracetamol or ibuprofen in my handbag.

Erm I think I have some plasters, some gauze and tape and a pair of scissors that are too big to be useful...I think I better buy one of those ready made first aid kits! I might be going on a red cross first aid course this autumn so I'll get tips from there if I do go.

I have no idea what's in my first aid kit. It's a ready made shop bought one, never been opened. I do a cupboard with usual medicines (Calpol, thermometer, antihistimines)

I do have a stock of Jelonet, Cosmopore & a sterilised box with tweezers, scissors and various things from when Joshua got a stone lodged in his forehead. The hospital gave us a load but we didn't need that many in the end.

Tweezers
Scissors
Alcohol wipes,
micro pore tape
Assorted bandages, slings and tubigrips
Thermometer
Cooling pack
Little hand warmers that you snap the metal circle to heat up (for earaches)
Olive oil for ears
Assorted plasters
Bite and sting spray
Burn cream
Arnica
Antiseptic
Savlon or germolene
Temporary tooth filling
Little steri strip things
Strip of antihistamines
Spare allergy med for oh who is allergic to bee and wasp stings

Separate medicine cupboard with all the usual stuff.

I think we may have plasters somewhere, calpol I think theres a dribble in bottle and cough syrup :wacko:

Think I may need to sort it out a bit :haha:

Just remembered we have eye patches my DS used to have them I use them as plasters quiet often lol

I have an embarrassing amount. My mum is a nurse and has given me enough bandages that we could as a family dress up as mummies for Halloween :haha:

I have an embarrassing amount. My mum is a nurse and has given me enough bandages that we could as a family dress up as mummies for Halloween :haha:

Haha this is me to am absolute tee! Except I am also a nurse and carry my own medical kit due to my job :)

I have a massive ( think small holdall size) for sports events/ trips to centerparcs with the family/ etc first aid kit with everything in it including resus kit, stethoscope, space blankets, instant ice packs, multiple wrist, ankle etc splints, tubigrip, slings, blus your basics like pain relief, plasters, sting relief stuff.

THEN we have the first aid shelf in the bathroom which has multiple painkillers, cough/cold remedies, antiseptics, magnesium sulphate paste, calamine, plasters, herbal remedies etc.

THEN there's the burns kit in the kitchen with the fire blanket and fire extinguisher (not strictly first aid I know, but it's part of the kit).

Then each car has an emergency kit with high viz vests, basic first aid bag, fire extinguisher etc.

And then I carry my own medical kit generally in my car which has things like my sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, airway kit, neck collar, anaphylaxis kit, and other random medical crap.

Literally, the most overboard, overstocked first aid kits.... What can I say, I'm my mothers daughter!

I'm a nurse too, yet I'm happy with just my few plasters (somewhere) and my occasional strip of paracetamol/ibuprofen!

ive got a car 1st aid kit, it works out alot cheaper than buying everything seperately & has everything in it that is suggested.

plasters of various shapes/sizes
triangular bandage
normal bandages
eye patch
eye wash
wipes
tape
safety pins
gauze of different sizes
etcetc

xx

Users who are viewing this thread