First appointment not until 13 wks

emicakess

Reaction score
I have a new ob this time and he doesnt schedule the first appointment until 13 weeks. This seems late to me? My intake appointment is at 10 weeks but that's just paperwork

Mine isn't until 13 weeks. And same with my last pregnancy. And that's just the booking in appointment.

Wow, where I live you go as soon as you find out and get everything started with your gp, like bloods, referral for a dating scan at around 6-7 weeks. First appointment with a midwife is usually around 12 weeks I think. 13 weeks is a long wait!

My booking in (Inc bloods/urine etc) was at 11 weeks, scan at 12 weeks(Inc bloods for combined screening test) and my first Midwife appointment isn't until 16 weeks. This is UK.

Wow, where I live you go as soon as you find out and get everything started with your gp, like bloods, referral for a dating scan at around 6-7 weeks. First appointment with a midwife is usually around 12 weeks I think. 13 weeks is a long wait!

Oh yeah, I've been to my GP for that stuff :flower: I'm in Australia as well.

That does seem a bit far into the pregnancy to have the first appointment. I am going to go look at what the dates were for mine rq and update when im done.

Ok so I ended up getting my first scan around 10 weeks. That does seem a bit late, at least compared to my OB.

with my DD I had my first scan at 5w5d this time around I will be nearly 8w

In the U.S.- my first OB appointment was at 12 weeks. I did bloodwork the first business day after I got my positive pg test, updated paperwork/insurance, was given a script for prenatals. I had some unusual symptoms and ended up getting 3 different ultrasounds due those before my 12 week appointment. It seemed a little late to me but is how many offices are doing it now, I guess. :shrug:

Thanks ladies, I'm in US. Everywhere i read and also my old OB always schedule the first appointment /ultrasound for about 8 weeks. But it sounds like 13 weeks is fairly normal. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->