First appointment today - am i weird?!

Mummy_Mac

Expecting 2nd
Reaction score
Saw my midwife today (side note - I LOvE her! Had a bad experience with my first but looking forward this time!)

All as you would expect for a booking in however - I am struggling with actually believing I am pregnant! Even when I nearly threw up today I just can't get my head round it and don't think I will until I have seen him/her - it's a really strange thing and I think it might be a defence mechanism following previous losses.

Tell me I am normal!

I am right there with you. I have known for two weeks and I have yet to grasp that I am pregnant again. I think I don't want to believe it because I am worried until I finally have a scan and see all is well! You aren't alone!

Nornal! Even though I'm almost half way and have seen baby twice, it still doesn't feel real!

I've also had a previous loss, and for the first 12.5 weeks, we didn't even talk about the pregnancy at all in case.

Normal!! I wont fully believe it until I have my scan later!! X

Feeling the same! Until he/she is moving I won't feel like I am :( even with scans it still doesn't sink in.

I am totally the same I had my booking in appointment this morning but it really doesnt make you fell pregnant at all. 2 weeks till my scan and once i see baby and heartbeat i'm sure i will be able to believe it and look forward to preparing for the little ones arrival xx

Thanks ladies - I am checking the post everyday for my scan dates and just trying to stay as calm and relaxed as possible but with hubby away visiting sick family I am struggling tonight!

Hugs. My hubby is away lots too and it's tough :-( I'm also checking post everyday in hope that my 12week scan date comes. I was so impatient today I booked a private scan for the weekend. I won't believe I'm pregnant until I feel the baby but even then I wo t accept properly until baby is in my arms. It's so much harder after losses. I didn't feel like this with my first and took it all for granted. They say ignorance is bliss. I hope you get the scan date through soon. Hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->