First appointment was th Dr. not until 12 weeks

jessthemess

Reaction score
It makes me so nervous to not even see my Dr before 12 weeks considering it has taken me over two and a half years and lots of medicine to get pregnant.

It makes me worry a lot to wait so long for a confirmation beyond a positive home pregnancy test. :(

I know I had my first ultrasound at 9 weeks and appt at 10. It definitely sucks to wait! With my first 2 children I was seen by 7 weeks.

I called and asked my Dr directly and she said they just weren't aware that I had been in infertility treatment so they didn't request anything early. I ended up having blood drawn today and will have an ultrasound on the 15th :) and I feel much better!

Glad to hear they got you in! My midwife is going to see me sooner than she normally would because of my history of mcs. I get to see her for my first appointment tomorrow. It has yet to be determined if I get an early ultrasound but I'm going to try to push her for one. I cannot wait 20 weeks to see my baby, which is the standard at my local hospital in uncomplicated pregnancies.

Aw, yay!! I'm glad they could fit you in! I can't imagine waiting that long and we weren't trying for very long. I am already anxious enough for my appointment next week. I imagine I would be a basket case if we had been trying for years and had to wait until 12 weeks to be seen.

Yay! I am so happy they got you a spot. It must be a big relief for you <3 I am sure that everything will go well. xxx

It is so nice to get an early ultrasound! Congrats on your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->