First appointment?

I'm not sure how it works over there but here, the first appointment is just blood work for HCG levels and a talk to the dr... its not until the 2nd appointment that you get your ultrasound and pap and all that.. (I'm due for this one tomorrow).

I had my first appointment at 4 weeks and 4 days. I will be 8 weeks 3 days tomorrow.

My midwives take you between 8 and 9 weeks. I went in closer to 9 because I wanted to schedule it around DH's work. I know there's not much they can do before 8 weeks in a normal pregnancy, but I wish they at least emailed an information packet or something. Not everybody does tons of research on what's safe.

The cramping isn't just normal, it's a good sign. It freaked me out, too, but it just means everything is stretching out and making room. It's a sign that everything is going well. It should ease up for you soon.

thank you :) I do feel reassured a bit about the cramping... just scares the crap out of me! im 4w5d today, I do wish that doctors took you before 8 weeks but I guess it makes sense. :) im counting my days till im 12 weeks, I just want to hit that milestone!

It's a little silly, but when the cramping started to freak me out, I visualized the baby bouncing around in there, pushing on the walls to make room. It reminded me that it was good cramping.

hey that's a good idea!! im gonna tell myself that baby is just making room, renovations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->